White Snow In The Moonlight

You rushed through the palace halls towards the meeting room, hoping Sinbad would still be there.

You burst in through the door to see Sinbad standing with a quirky smirk on his face. In front of him was Kouha, rage filled his eyes as he swung his metal vessel around while being held back by Koumei and Hakuryuu.

"Kouha!" you yelled out

He immediately stopped and turned to look at you.

There was a scared and pleading look in his eyes as he watched you make your way towards Sinbad.

"Sinbad" you said standing in front of him.

"Your highness" he said grinning

"I have come to a decision" you took in a deep breath,

"Ah very well" he said

"I can't go with you. I'm sorry" you bowed your head politely

"I see" he said, a disturbed expression on his face "very well, i tell you, the offer still stands, if you ever feel the need for freedom, you know where to find it"

"Thank you" you said and elegantly made your way out.

"(Y/N)!" you heard Kouha's voice from down the hall.

'I can't deal with this right now' you ran through the palace halls until all you could hear was the sound of your own footsteps.

You leaned up against the wall, panting from running.

'How did my life get so complicated?' you thought to yourself. 'If only i were to marry someone normal then everything would be fine and i wouldn't be in this giant mess'

.

.

.

"Why did you stay?"

"I'm not sure, i guess i couldn't leave my responsibilities behind like that" you answered

"I see, to be honest, i was sure you were going to leave" said Koumei

"I thought so too" you said.

The two of you walked through the palace garden in silence.

"I hope i'm not being to blunt by saying this, but i'm glad you chose to stay" said Koumei in his emotionless voice.

"and why is that?" you asked

"Something about you, makes me feel relaxed in a way. Also, if you left Kouha would be devastated, i've never seen him care about someone like he cares about you. It makes me happy to see him like this"

You didn't know what to do, what were you supposed to say to something like that?

"To be honest i don't know how i feel towards Prince Kouha" you said looking at the ground.

"I see, i suppose being in an arranged marriage is tough, especially if you don't share the same feelings for each other" koumei's voice was so plain and emotionless in almost sounded as if he were bored.

"Umm Koumei?" you said looking up at him

"Yes?" he said

"Do you, um, love someone?" you asked

He was silent for a moment, "In love? i don't know, i've never felt love before, i don't know how i should feel. She is a very beautiful woman and loved by all, however....." he trailed off