|7|

"Lace" Bill and Bev went to hug Lacey as tears start falling from her eyes.

"H-He broke his promise, he said t-that he wouldn't an-and he did, he's gonna go missing because of me, he's- he's" her voice cracks and she turns and puts her head in Bills chest.

"he's already gone" there they are the only 4 left, Bill, Bev and Lacey and Lacey's broken heart.

It's been two weeks and Lacey has only talked to Bill and Eddie.

She has hung out will Bill 4 times and only talked with Eddie on the phone once.

She's so broken you can hear her crying even if she's not.

She was definitely falling for Richie, and he didn't catch her.

She went to stan's bar mitzvah but didn't speak to him.

Richie also went, but sat on the other side of the church.

She's been nothing but empty for 2 whole weeks.

There was a slight knock on her window. She looked up from her diary, only to see Bill but she could tell something was wrong with him, worry was written in his eyes.

Her window creaked open. "We- we need to g-get everybody t-together all of u-us." He stutters but out of breath.

"why? bill what's wrong?" Lacey sits him down on her bed.

"I-it got Beverly." He spits out.

"what?!" is all Lacey can say only because she is so surprised.

"it g-" Lacey cuts Bill off. "I heard what you said Billy, i'm just surprised."

"Okay so i'll get Eddie and Stan you get everyone else" He says standing up.

"uh-uh, no way, I-i can't stand to look at Richie bill." Lacey starts to tear up.

"you g-guys had something," bill puts a hand on Lacey's shoulder.

"a-and you need to f-fix it" he gives Lacey a warm smile and climbs out of her window.

Lacey sighs and plops down on her bed.
--
"I'm sorry for hurting you i-" Lacey practices what she will say to Richie as she rides to the arcade, knowing that's where he'll be.

"no he hurt me" she clears her throat. "you shouldn't have hurt me,-uhg no that will make him mad." she gets frustrated then she stops pedaling once she notices she's across the street from the love of her life.

She parks her bike on the sidewalk and walks in.

She looks straight ahead and sees Richie playing street fighter.

She slowly glides to him. "ehem" she clears her throat.

Richie looks over at her for a split second then goes back to his game.

"See that's dude i'm fighting? I'm pretending it's Bill." He says as he furiously presses the buttons on the game.

"We need to talk Richie" She says quietly.