1

"You better step up your game soon, Lauren. Camila's already halfway out the door." Dinah utters with a sigh.

8 years ago, Dinah knew to herself that Camila and Lauren would have ended up together. Married with children, working on a business that they were both passionate about.

"8 years, DJ. Eight years all put to waste." Lauren muttered back with an exuberant amount of frustration.

"What will happen to Jacob?" Normani asked, extremely worried about her godson.

"Hell, Normani. Our parents don't even know that we aren't exactly living together. It's just really co-existing in one house. Camila has her room and I have mine. Jacob has his own room too. Not like a 5-year old would understand a break-up, right?" Lauren utters in defeat. This whole separation was already taking a toll on her, especially after it being 6 months of not having a conversation with Camila without arguing.

"What happened, Ralph? One day you and Walz were so perfectly in love when Jacob was born, and now suddenly everything's out the door?" Dinah inquires curiously. Lauren was not one to share how she really felt about the whole situation, so all the things she knew about the falling out were just from Camila's point-of-view. To Lauren, if they weren't part of the marriage, what was the point on letting them in, right? 

"I really don't know how to start, Di. You know how one day you wake up realizing everything suddenly changed? It was that kind of a falling out. Suddenly I find Camila shoving my things out of our room and into my personal office." Lauren explains with the same amount of sadness evident her face.

"Speaking of which, my wife is calling." Lauren mutters as her phone lights up with the words "Love of My Life" written on the iPhone's caller ID.

"Babe?" Lauren responds, just like how she did during the first few years of their marriage. Lauren's response earned a sad smile from both Dinah and Normani, them knowing that it was so obvious the green-eyed girl was still hopelessly in love with her wife.

"Mami!" Jacob hollers over Facetime.

"What does my little boy want?" Lauren happily coos at the video of her little boy playing on her phone's screen.

"Mami are you still working? I'm hungry but mama said she's busy." Jacob tells Lauren with the most adorable pleading eyes.

"I'm just finishing something with Aunt Dinah and Aunt Mani, baby. What do you want me to bring home for you?" Lauren asks the little boy, noticing that her wife was nowhere to be found on the phone's screen.

"I want chicken nuggets! Sofi is here and she said she wants McFlurry ma!" the little boy excitedly replies, knowing that it wouldn't be difficult weaseling into Lauren's heart. 

"Okay, I'll leave work soon and bring home food for my favorite little boy." Lauren coos happily. Just as her curiosity was taking over her, she decided to ask the inevitable. "Jakey, where is mama?"

"Kaki's just out talking to someone at the moment Laur!" Sofi chimed in even before Jacob could respond.

Seeing the faces of Dinah and Normani, Lauren thought of asking again. "Where is mama, Jacob?" The little boy would never have sugarcoated anything with her. To Jacob - everything was just at face value, no other way of saying things outside the literal. 

"Mama is in the bedroom with-" Jacob truthfully replies but Sofi cuts him off again just before he gets to finish what he was supposed to say. "Talking. Kaki is talking to someone outside, Laur." 

Sensing that there was obviously something skeptical with they way Sofi just had to keep interrupting, the green-eyed girl chose to drop it since she really didn't want to go through this with her 5-year old on the phone.