19

A/n: Because I'm feeling up to it and ya'll gave me 20k reads, so here's another one for ya'll. Thanks for being such great humans. I love ya'll with all my worries. x

Finally discharged from the hospital, Camila and Dinah headed back to the Polynesian's hotel room to stay in for the time being as they waited for a flight schedule to Chicago. Deciding that it was finally high time to leave the place she once considered home to start over, Camila was more than ready to uproot herself back to the place where she first fell in love.

"Hey Cheech, before we go, could we maybe go back to the house? There are some things I just wanna get before I say goodbye to LA." Camila asked her best friend shyly, afraid that Dinah would be backlashing at her for her query.

"No, Mila. It's too dangerous. You know that Mark's parents own the place right? We might get caught in a bad situation and I'd rather not risk it." Dinah said, turning her best friend's idea down as discretely as she can.

"How about we focus on getting out of here and getting the show on the road?" Her best friend excitedly beamed, ecstatic to finally have this much time with her best friend like how they used to.

For the past few days after Camila's discharge from the hospital, the Polynesian and the brunette agreed on heading back to Chicago without telling Lauren. Having Normani as their accomplice, the three wanted to do surprise the raven-haired girl as her birthday was fast approaching, with only two days left for them to prepare.

"Are you sure she'll want me there?" The brunette asks hesitantly, fear evident in her expression.

"Of course I am. I know what I heard the other night, Walz. I know that she would absolutely love having you around again." Dinah assured the brunette.

"Don't you think that we're going too fast, Cheech? I'm obviously still being eaten by the guilt every single day. I'm not so sure it would be best that I dive back into her arms." Camila regretfully stated, starting to get anxious about what was to come for them once she was back in the same state with them.

"The heart wants what it wants. Now what you're supposed to do, is to make up for the lost time." Her best friend said calmly, now having her hand on Camila's shoulder for support.

"Mama?" The young one uttered as she tugged onto the brunette's jeans, earning the attention of both Dinah and Camila.

"Yes, baby?" Camila called out, cooing at the younger one that was looking at her with the deepest doe-like eyes.

"We see Jayob?" The young one asked curiously as she excitedly stared at Camila, still having difficulty in pronouncing her big brother's name.

"Soon, love. We'll stay with aunt Dinah so you can see Jacob." Camila answered as she put her hand on Mica's temple to ruffle her hair playfully, offering a small smile at the younger one.

"I couldn't believe how you're the mother of this one and Jacob. They're both so different and alike in the same way!" The Polynesian chuckled at the irony of what she just said, remembering how awfully different the personalities of the two children are.

"Jacob is more of Lauren, though. I've seen it through the years. He definitely took after Lauren so much. This little one is shy, more reserved. It takes long for her to be comfortable around new people when Jake is the life of the party." Camila explained as a small grin was plastered all over her face, like how she usually gets when she talks about her children.

"I know! But did you see how Lauren got her to ease up when she brought food last week?" Dinah giggled as she held her hand out for the youngster to take, intertwining both their hands together.