14

A/n: It had to happen. Here's to the last of 2017! I love you guysss

Arriving at the airport in Los Angeles, Lauren had the young boy tailing him as he held her hand tightly. Throughout the whole flight Jacob kept his arms wrapped around the raven-haired girl, endearing her on how loving the young boy was being despite only being together for a short period of time. With enough convincing, Lauren had gotten young Jacob to talk to the police force about how Mark was as a step-father through the years. Being intently listened to, the police claimed that they had to catch him in the act of committing the crime to arrest him without further questioning. With proper planning and the unwavering assurance from Dinah and Normani, the young boy had agreed that he would stage coming home to aggravate his step-father, provoking him to be physical. Knowing even at the back of his mind how Mark had been behaving, he was sure that at the sight of him his father would be flipping out already.

Hesitant to agree, Lauren too needed assurance from the responding police that no harm would be done to the boy during the whole entrapment operation. Not wanting to make Jacob to get caught in the middle of it all, the team had devised a plan to attack at the moment Mark shows any signs of being hostile to the young boy or to his wife that was.

Throughout the whole drive, Lauren had kept her arms tightly wrapped around the young boy as she sat in the back seat with him. Occasionally kissing his temple lovingly, the raven-haired girl was scared to her bones on the things that were to happen next. Afraid to see the possible condition she would be finding Camila in, and the risk of Mark hurting her son for the sake of being able to arrest him. At a fast pace Lauren's thoughts were consuming her greatly, this being noticed immediately by the two best friends who were seated at the front of the vehicle.

"Would you stop worrying, Lauser? Your wi-- ex-wife would be alright. Lighten up!" Dinah called out with a small grin on her face, wanting to assure Lauren that everything would be going well.

Giving her a pointed look for joking about Camila in front of her son, Lauren decided to keep quiet and let the banter fade naturally.

"Ready to go home, bud?" Lauren asked the young boy as they drove to the address Jacob had given them, about a 30-minute drive from the airport.

"I-" Jacob worriedly responded but his mother had caught on before he could even respond.

"Go home temporarily." Lauren assured the young boy that seemed to be wrapped in his own thoughts. "Do your best and you and mami out of there, okay? Just hold on. We'll be going home to my apartment, I promise."

"Do you recognize the place?" Normani asked, wanting to make sure that they weren't going to be wasting time by getting lost.

"Yeah, we're about 10 minutes away. I know this place, I can teach the way." Jacob had called out.

Finding theirselves around a neighborhood with huge homes, Lauren wondered how life had been treating Camila since they broke up. Thinking of the dreams they used to share, the raven-haired girl was almost certain that the brunette was already living the life she never was able to give. All the fancy and beautiful aesthetics life could offer, all those that Lauren couldn't have provided during the early years of their marriage. All those she saw made her want to promise that the next time she remarries she'd be giving the woman the world, all in a silver platter all suited for her liking.

"Lauren?" Normani called out to the raven-haired girl, causing her to stray from her thoughts.

"We're here." Jacob inhaled deeply, showing obvious signs of his anxiety kicking in.