22

A/n: Ya'll are spoiled by yours truly. Brace yourselves for what's to come in a few chapters. :)

Looking at her phone to check the time, Lauren beamed out of bed when she saw the time. 11:00 am. She was already extremely late for work. Further startled by the ringing of her phone, Lauren took a glimpse of the bedroom to find herself in an empty bed, the raven-haired girl answered the call.

"So, did you two have an eventful night that you actually missed work after a year of being miss punctual?" The voice playfully rung through the phone. It was no other than Dinah Jane.

"Jesus Dinah, your call actually woke me up. I'm in an empty bed for Christ's sake. Did you kidnap my son?" Lauren huffed into the line, sleepily rubbing her eyes to clear her hazy vision.

"Maybe the other occupant had too much fun last night she decided to fuck you to exhaustion." Dinah joked, knowing well enough that she was already getting on the raven-haired girl's nerves.

"You insinuating my son and I is disgusting, asshole. Camz slept on the guest room. Just in case your mind gets nearer to the gutter once more, I swear your career will be the one to hit the gutter." Lauren shot in an annoyed tone, obviously not in the mood to hit off a playful mood.

"Hey, I thought I heard you. Mica and I cooked breakfast, I hope you don't mind." The voice she longed to hear in the morning said in a calm tone, gazing at her from the doorframe.

"Miss Hansen, I have to go. In case you wanted to keep your job, I suppose you should keep your mouth shut." She huffed into the line as she ended the call. Turning around to meet the doe-eyed woman, Lauren felt a quick change in her mood. She felt lighter, a little bit happier at the sight of the brunette in her clothing.

"Hey, rough morning?" Camila asked as she stood outside the bedroom, afraid to enter to not overstep her boundaries.

"Nah, I'm just not used to missing work and waking up late. My structured ass life really wakes up at the crack of dawn." Lauren uttered as she loosened up a little bit.

"I'm sorry, it's probably because you were robbed of some hours of sleep because of my stupid nightmare." Camila said as she looked at the ground in embarrassment, her usual anxious quirks becoming prevalent.

"Come here." Lauren said as she gestured the girl to come over, tapping the space beside her bed for the brunette to sit on. "I'm glad Mica woke me up. Had she not, then I wouldn't have had that conversation with you last night." She replied truthfully, her eyes meeting the brunette's.

"Breakfast? I still have a few pancakes that I could reheat for you. Jake told us you usually wake early so I had some cooked for you, but I saw that you looked peaceful so I didn't-" Camila rambled, her nervousness getting the best of her which caused the raven-haired girl to chuckle.

"Stop rambling. I'd love food at this hour." Lauren joked as she ran her hand through her hair out of habit, standing up and putting her phone in her hoodie's pocket before putting a hand out for the brunette to take.

"It's been a while since I last had you over for breakfast. Why don't you come join me?" Lauren offered with a hopeful smile plastered on her face, savoring the sight of Camila in her apartment for as long as she could.

"Let's go, Jauregui." Camila joked, taking the raven-haired girl's hand in her own as they exited the bedroom and started to head downstairs.

"Mama!" The boy excitedly beamed as he saw Lauren come down the staircase from the side of his eyes. Having awakened rather early by the six-year old, Jacob was situated in the living room's floor, playing all sorts of toys Lauren had bought for him with the young one.