25

Weeks have passed and Camila was back to staying in Lauren's apartment, collectively deciding to stay in the raven-haired girl's home as they tried to sort out the whole scare Camila was facing. Her paranoia getting the best of her, Lauren decided that she needed to get a security personnel for the apartment. Having the arrangement settled down that a driver would be on stand-by as her hired security would accompany the pregnant woman, the raven-haired girl was able to keep her sanity while she was at work.

Although as Camila made it back to her life she decreased the time she spent at work, Lauren enjoyed having to leave the office early, ever so ecstatic to head home and meet the people she's been dreaming to call her family. Lifting her phone as she saw the brunette calling, Lauren happily answered the call as excited as she could get.

"How is the world's most beautiful pregnant lady?" Lauren joked through the line, her chest feeling a bit lighter when she heard the brunette giggle a little.

"I was just going to ask if you were going to pick up Mica from playschool today? Cause if not I could always ask Peter to accompany me." Camila asked inquisitively.

"Oh no, let me do it today. Just get ready though, I planned somewhere for us to be in tonight." Lauren said in the most casual way she could.

"What?" Camila asked as confusion took over her expression.

"Just get ready. I'll be home by 3. Take care, Camila. Make sure you eat something so you don't get hungry." Lauren reminded the brunette as she cut the call.

Entering her office and catching the small fazed expression on Lauren's face, the dark-skinned girl was once again laughing at the change in Lauren's behavior. Before Camila made her way back to the raven-haired girl's life, Lauren had always been so stiff and firm. Now that she was back, Lauren was suddenly a ray of sunshine beaming through the office as she came in each day.

"What's with that smile of yours, Jauregui?" Normani joked as she sat on the seat in front of Lauren's desk.

"Just Camila. She's been such a handful lately especially with the baby. It's insane, it literally feels like parenting all over again." Lauren informed the woman, chuckling at the way she's been whipped enough to cater to everything the brunette was craving for.

"Have you even talked about what you guys are to each other?" The woman then asked her, remembering that Lauren and Camila's relationship status has always been a taboo topic.

"I would, tonight actually." Lauren grinned at Normani as she took the small necklace from her drawer. "She's an overly-emotional pregnant woman at 28 weeks. I'd love to pamper her like this before she starts getting worse." Lauren joked playfully, happiness exuding from her as she talked about the woman she loved to have everything with.

Interrupted by the sound of her cellphone ringing, Lauren looked at the vibrating cellphone and noticing the unknown number on the side of the line. Usually ignoring unregistered calls, Lauren did the usual and ignored the ringing as she continued on joking with Normani. Thinking that everything was alright, but that only lasted until she received a text from the same number that had been calling.

Good afternoon Mrs. Jauregui, we would just like to ask for your approval before we let your secretary pick up Mica from school today. She has been watching the girl all morning, and we just wanted to know if we had your approval before letting her go.

"What the fuck?!" Lauren groaned as she took her car keys and sped off to the school, leaving Normani dumbfounded as she watched the raven-haired girl bolt out of the room without even saying goodbye.