4 - FAMILY GAME NIGHT

ADRIAN'S RETURN WAS THE MAIN TOPIC DURING BREAKFAST

ADRIAN'S RETURN WAS THE MAIN TOPIC DURING BREAKFAST. While the Allan women ate their waffles, they talked about what their plans were once he returned. It was tradition for them to watch some sort of movie or do something altogether as a family when he returned.

It was one of the few times that Brooke felt as though they actually wanted her there. Though she always did wonder what her father did when he was gone. He never went into specifics, saying that he didn't want them to worry about his job and how they had to make money; all they had to worry about, he said, was to be happy and do the best that they could.

It was a nice sentiment, really. Brooke did love her father, he never once told her to give up doing art, going so far as to buy her supplies while he was gone. It was just proof that, sometimes, he did notice her.

"Flash can't drive us today," Liz said, walking out of the house towards Jason and Sally Avril who were sitting in the car out front, "He drives his sisters now, and there's not enough room."

Brooke raised her eyebrows, surprised. "I thought he only had Diana, he has another sister?"

Diana Smith was Flash's adopted sister, or so it's been understood, and the two girls never spoke, but Brooke didn't have anything negative to think of her and, she hoped, the feeling was mutual.

"Yeah, her name's Jesse, she's really sweet," Liz replied, and that was the end of the conversation.

The two stepped into the car and, suddenly, Liz was too focused on talking to her friends that she didn't care to include Brooke. So, as usual, the girl stuck in her earbuds and stared out the window, not speaking until they reached the school.

"What do you think we should do tonight?"

Brooke paused as she reached for the door to the school, surprised. She looked over her shoulder to see Liz standing behind her, patiently waiting for a response.

"Sorry?" Brooke asked, still opening the door and stepping inside, in case her sister was somehow asking someone else other than her; her sister rarely ever spoke to her when she had other people she could talk to.

"When dad gets home," Liz explained, the two walking side-by-side, "What do you think we should do? I have to make posters and stuff tonight for leadership, so it can't run super long."

Brooke shrugged. "I don't really care, what do you want to do?"

Liz shrugged as well, their shrugs being near identical—one following slightly after the other. "I'll come up with something. Let me find you during lunch, we'll discuss."

Brooke nodded, wishing that her heart didn't pick up with excitement at the prospect of spending time with Liz. "Yeah, sure!"

The older girl grinned and squeezed her shoulder. "Great! See you then!"

As she made her way towards her first period class, Brooke couldn't help but smile. She was actually looking forward to the day.

º º º