I'm no angel, I'm just me

A/N: Well I had like 6 pages for this chapter typed on my computer...then my computer crashed and it won't come back on...Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon but that's the reason it's taken me so long to re-write this. P.S this is written on my tablet so please forgive any auto-correct occurences or misspellings. I hope this chapter is good and I hope you like it. ~Always, Sunny ;)

_____________________________________________________

Thanksgiving day. I still haven't got back to Peyton as to expect me or not at her house today.

I walk to my dresser and pull out a pair of khaki shorts and put them on. As I open another drawer to take out a shirt, I look around the room for my Sperrys. When I finally pull my outfit together I realize something about myself at that moment as I look in the mirror.

I'm not this Adam anymore, so why pretend? I'm not Dumb Adam, I'm not Athletic Adam, I'm not Chick-magnet Adam. I have changed and I need to show that. This look is not me.

I pick out a pair of ripped blue jeans and kick off the Sperrys. After I slide the jeans on I pull on a red t-shirt that I stole from Ryan. I rush to my closet to slide on an older pair of Nikes.

There. The new Adam Greene is now presentable.

I rush downstairs and I don't hear anyone up yet. When I reach the kitchen, though, I hear mom and dad talking and...cooking? Together?

Kelsey and Ryan come up behind me in the hall, catching me sneaking my head into the kitchen. "I thought dad had to work?" Kelsey says. I shrug, "I'm not gonna ask him to leave. I haven't seen them this happy in a long time."

My parents are never ones to fight or bicker. But that's because mom stays at home and dad works from sun-up to sun-down. They don't get time to argue. But they also don't get time to show any affection.

This moment is rare and I don't want to ruin it. I shoo Kelsey and Ryan away back to their bedrooms and I return to mine. I'll go back to sleep until lunch or I'll listen to music

I have a feeling that once I really get into these A.P classes I won't have any down time. I decide to listen to music.

I stop in my tracks when I hear the song come on. Endlessly by The Cab; that's what I see it's called. It...it's so catchy but I feel like something about it really relates to me.

There's a shop down the street

Where they sell plastic rings

For a quarter a piece,

I swear it.

I know that it's cheap

Not like gold in your dreams

But I hope that you'll still wear it.

The ink may stain my skin

And my jeans may all be ripped

I'm not perfect

But I swear I'm perfect for you.

I'm not perfect but I swear I'm perfect for you. That's what makes that song click with me. But I refuse to believe it has anything to do with Peyton and I shake my head, releasing the thought.

********

"Pass the ham." Kelsey says to Ryan at the table and he throws it at her. I laugh as it hits her in the face but cover my mouth when mom and dad give me and Ryan both scolding looks.