That's my story

Well, I predicted I would win the documentary contest, but I did not know it would be so easy. Nor did I know that the prize was a scholarship to the university of my choice.

The prize was great after all. 

They show my video in the auditorium today and honestly, I don't care to watch it again. I just wish I could be with Peyton instead of watching her on a huge screen. 

That's the thing, though. Now that I get the scholarship to any university in the country, I can be with Peyton. It may not be for another year and a half but I know I can get into Rowan now. It's funny and a little scary how things like this just happen to work themselves out. 

Let me skip ahead to the end of the documentary and tell you how everyone responded to it in the auditorium. They applauded like there was no tomorrow. It feels good to win. And I didn't even have to be on the football team to get the recognition. 

***** 5 months later*****

 Peyton tightens my tie. "Ah. Too tight. Don't choke me. Its not that formal." She laughs and loosens the death grip of the black tie. 

You might be thinking we're going to Prom together. Nope, that's passed and we didn't go. There's always next year but we just wanted to go on a normal date and have a good time without the mob of people dancing around like idiots. But the reason I'm all dressed up and wearing a stupid tie is because we're going to a wedding for Peyton's brother, Lucas. Apparently I missed Jackson's wedding, dang it. Note my sarcasm. 

"You know, you look very pretty." I say to Peyton and eye her sundress. It's still formal, though. It's turquoise blue, like the theme color for the wedding, and comes to her knees. She twirls around as I spin her, her hand clasped in mine. "You look nice as well." She smirks and opens the door and walks outside, into the front yard, where the reception is being held. 

"You know, I'm only doing this because of you." I say through smiling teeth. She nudges my arm, "Stop. It wasn't that bad." I shrug and she grabs my arm and pulls me into a chair and sits beside me. Plates line the tables. "If you love me then you put up with my crazy family." I pout my lip, "Well, I put up with you so it shouldn't be too hard." She elbows me harder this time and I just laugh. "You know, I still have a six-pack that's no match for your elbow." She cocks an eyebrow at me as she snaps her head to face me. I quickly throw up my hands in surrender. "Yeah, and I have a death stare that's no match for your pout lip." 

Touche. 

She turns her head back to her phone, clearly trying to avoid my eyes. I rub my hand on her arm, "I was kidding. Peyton. Look at me." She snaps her head very close to mine. "I love hanging around your family. I was just giving you a hard time 'cause I can." She gives me the death stare again. "Sweetie, put the death stare away, it doesn't work on me. I love you too much." She slowly starts to smile. 

The Best Man and Maid of Honor make their speeches after the fathers make theirs. Peyton gets up to make her speech as the very last person. So far, no speeches made have been funny. Their should always be at least one speech that has the whole crowd crack up. If Peyton's last, maybe she'll be the one to lighten up the crowd.

"I haven't known Sara as long as I've known Lucas. I think that's obvious. Lucas has been like my twin brother throughout the years when there's 2 years between us. If we were twins, he would've been the fun one, the funnier half. Instead, we're our own people. We're all our own people. When two people get married, they come together as two different people and become one. Sara and Lucas have a bond that won't ever break, no matter how different they are. At Jackson's wedding, I didn't see two people who could've been more perfect for each other. They were so similar and had the same interests. But the love between Lucas and Sara may be opposite of Jackson and Lauren, they still have the same amount of love," She raises her glass, "To Sara and Lucas." It looks like she might cry.

Everyone clinks their glass with the people around them. Peyton sits back down with a sigh, "You probably wanted a funnier speech, am I right?" I grab her hand from the table. "Peyton, that was a beautiful speech. So, tell me, are we opposites or are we similar?" She grins, "You don't know?" I set my glass down. "Well, I guess I have something else to teach you, then," she sighs. I chuckle. I remember the video documentary. "Are we a little more than Xs and Os?" I ask her. She gets the reference and I lean in to kiss her as she grins. Our lips meet and I don't care how many people are staring. I love this girl. The best project I ever completed and was awarded for was because of her. I can't even explain how much she means to me. 

The sun has set and the solar lights have come on. We walk to the back of the house and sit under the lights, eventually we're under the stars. This may sound cheesy, but none are as bright as her blue eyes. I realize her dress matches her eyes and brings out the color. She grabs my hand. Out of the blue, she says, "Yes, Adam Greene, I would say we are a little more than Xs and Os." 

~The End~

~The End~

Hey guys! Thanks for all the support with this book! It's been great to watch it grow!
Please check out my other works, which all stem from the same genre. It would mean the world! Thanks!

Always, Sunny