Part Thirteen

The day I've been dreading.

Her funeral.

I didn't want this to happen.

Tears filled my eyes as I put on my suit.

My mom and I drove back to the funeral home.

There she was again.

Today, I didn't move an inch away from the casket.

If I could, I would kiss her lips one more time.

I watched as people came up and touched her hair.

Some even kissed her forehead.

Screw it.

I knelt and kissed her lips.

"Goodbye, beautiful. I love you." I whispered crying.

Before I knew it, the church service was about to start.

I stopped crying when it was my turn to speak.

"Ashley Josefina Martinez was and still is the love of my life. I wish I wasn't up here talking about how she's gone. To me, the worst part was I saw her that night. It was about seven thirty at night when I dropped her back off at home. That was the final time I kissed her. That same night at eleven o'clock I sent her my goodnight text. I should've known something was different. Instead of texting me back, she called me. She asked if we ever broke up would I date someone else. I told her no. She meant too much to me. The next morning my mom had told me about her passing. She was the first and only girl I've ever loved. As cheesy as this sounds, out of all the songs we've shared, only one comes to mind. That's Count On You by Big Time Rush featuring Jordin Sparks. Yes laugh all you want. But there's one lyric that applied to us. 'Now I'm about to give you my heart. But remember this one thing. I've never been in love before. So you gotta go easy on me.' I was nervous that we were going to break up. I thought we were moving to quick. But we weren't. It was just the right pace. I'll never stop loving this girl," I said spilling my guts to everyone, I looked up to the sky.

"I love you, Ashley." I said stepping down from the podium.