Chapter 4 The Diary

"Well that was entertaining," I jokingly commented, secure in the knowledge that I still have my iPod and broken phone, since 'father Kimori' didn't feel I needed a working phone since I was to stay at Yui's side. Yui grabs my arm and drags me up and out of the room, she starts to sprint for the front door, I follow, mostly because she already pulled me far enough to make it silly not to, I'm curious though how the tempting teens will react to Yui's dash for freedom. I catch back up with Yui at the front door.

"It's locked how is that even possible!" Yui whines. 'Typical they'd be too lazy to actually chase us, but still make it impossible for us to get away, fucking vampires'

"Backdoors?" I suggest to Yui before we can do anything, we are trapped by a pair of arms, on each side of us. Ayato has caught us.

"Aww, pancake don't you want to stay with us?" Ayato smirked cruelly. Yui shrieks and pushes her way out of his hold and starts to run away, I slowly follow, hearing Ayato's moans,

"Damn such a beautiful fearful scream," I dash, now nearly having lost Yui, catching up I see we are now in a dimly light hallway, Yui has stopped at a landline phone, after dialling Seiji Komori, she grabs the phone, only to see the line has been cut.

"Damn you're a tiring little brat" I complain.

"Haha, we told you little bitch, you won't be needing a phone," laughs Laito, I watch as mockingly slides his hands over her eyes, as she had frozen in fear at his words, leaning in he whispers. "Guess who little bitch?" This apparently cut through Yui's fear as she 'eeks' and pulls away and starts to run once more. I follow, but I glance back and throw a quick wink to Latio, his resulting laugh echoed the hallway. Following the path Yui had taken, I catch back up again, with her near a table laden with sweets.

"Do let me get another taste," creepily asks Kanato. Yui runs up a set of stairs, 'idiot' I smirk at Kanato and follow Yui up the stairs to the second floor. Catching hopefully for the last time, I find Yui in front of a door with broken chains on the floor in front of it.

"Come on Malina, we can hide in here," Yui whispers, and slips inside, I move the chains to the other side of the hallway, before slipping in behind Yui, shutting and locking the door. Yui has actually found a decent room to use, I grab a silver looking letter opener to defend myself with, while Yui grabs a book, 'never mind she's still an idiot', while looking over the room, I hear Yui collapse onto the floor, I dash to her side, she's looking out the balcony window, I turn to see a beautiful purpled haired woman, she reminded me of Kanato, Yui's whimpers of pain, and the thump of her dropping her 'weapon' brings my attention back to her, I see her clutching her chest, I grab her back, and pull her to me, keeping the stolen blade in my right hand. Yui gasps and catches her breath, looking up I see the woman has disappeared, 'that's not creepy at all', I focus on Yui once more.

"Are you okay Yui?" I question her.

"I am now, my heart hurt, somehow," Yui responds, she looks to the book she dropped, I see an image of Seiji Kimori holding a baby, and a note of

'Even though she is not my natural child, I love my child, Yui, it no longer bothers me.'

"What does this mean? Am I not my father's child?" Yui whines. Before I can respond another's voice breaks the silence.