dix

-          the days passed in a blur, and soon it was the day of the field trip. the halls were buzzing with anticipation as yerin made her way to the math classroom. an especially hyper jimin greeted her at the door.

"you ready for the field trip?? it's gonna be so great! people are complaining about how it's a stuffy museum again, but i think art museums are way cooler. plus we don't have to write a report on colonization afterwards. and i hear we're going to get home really late!"

as she dropped her bag and sat down at her desk, yerin couldn't help but smile. jimin was always so excited about everything.

"it's a shame that it isn't during school hours, though. i would've liked to miss my english quiz. at the museum you have to promise to take pictures of me posing next to all the weirdest sculptures!!"

"i will," yerin laughed. spending time with friends, looking at beautiful art? jimin was right. it was pretty great.

-

at 4 pm, everyone in the grade was dropped back off at school. yerin's mother leaned over from the front seat.

"you have money for dinner?" she asked, pushing a lock of her grey-flecked hair behind one ear, a note of concern in her voice.

"yeah. i'll be fine, mom," yerin replied.

"see you tonight, then."

"love you!"

finally free, yerin slammed the car door and raced to the schoolbus. stepping inside, she saw the seats were already filling up with pairs of chatting friends.

"yerinnn!!"

jimin waved frantically from one of the back seats. yerin grinned and hurried back to join him.

she plopped down in the seat next to him and sighed contentedly.

"i saved you a seat," jimin said proudly. then he leaned in close to whisper.

"and guess who's behind us?"

yerin slipped lower in her seat, heart racing. this was going to be a long ride.