onze

-          "i love art museums."

yerin had hardly heard jeongguk speak since that first day. his voice was pleasantly melodic, not too high or low.

"yeah?" jimin twisted around in the seat to face him. "they can be pretty boring."

yerin heard jeongguk laugh. "maybe. i'm a huge art nerd so i can't get enough of it."

"really?" jimin was instantly impressed. "are you an artist, then?"

"i guess so..." jeongguk said modestly.

yerin perked up her ears. she did art too, though it was mostly limited to doodles on assignments and sketches on long car rides.

"what do you do?? can i see your stuff??" at this point, jimin was nearly jumping out of his seat with excitement.

"face forward!" the bus driver barked, and yerin couldn't help but giggle as her friend spun around red-faced.

a moment passed, and then jimin was back at his questions. "do you draw, or what?"

"i paint, mostly."

jimin looked from jeongguk to yerin with wide eyes. "that's sooo cool..."

yerin nodded. she imagined jeongguk above a canvas, paint-smeared face, studying his work with a steady concentration. he seemed like an artist, she decided.

"yerin here is amazing at drawing," jimin told jeongguk. "she's always sending me pictures of portraits she's done of me, and herself, and her little sister chaeyong--"

yerin stopped breathing.

"really??" jeongguk's eyes burned the back of her head, but she didn't turn around.

"they're not that good," yerin said through gritted teeth.

jimin was blissfully oblivious. "you're just being modest," he insisted. "i probably have some of her art on my phone right now!"