treize

-          the noise erupted into a roar as the bus pulled into the museum's parking lot. yerin stood and merged as fast as she could into the row of students in the aisle, anxious to get out of the loud, cramped space and into the cold air.

outside the bus, the students gathered around one of the teachers, who yelled instructions about when to meet back here and where.

"remember to grab some dinner at the museum restaurant before we get back on the bus," he told the chattering students. "now, you're free to explore until 6:50."

the throng of babbling students made their way through the doors of the little museum. yerin and jimin found each other in seconds, and smiled cheerily to the lady behind the desk as they bustled in.

"i love that this museum is free," jimin whispered as they entered the first gallery room. "i live so close, i could basically come whenever i wanted."

"that's true," yerin noted. "will you, though? it doesn't really seem like your thing."

"i dunno!" jimin chirped, and suddenly his attention was taken by a huge, neon abstract piece on the wall. he swerved with an "ooh!" and yerin was left alone to explore.

she liked to take her time, stepping slowly from piece to piece, room to room. she liked a golden sculpture of a woman playing a lute so much she took a picture of it to show to her mom. she dwelt too long on a hyper-realistic depiction of a rotting fish and felt somewhat queasy. a goofy kid with a gap-toothed smile grinned out from a circus scene in one oil painting, and she grinned back. before she knew it, it was time to get dinner.