quatorze

-          she and jimin had agreed upon 5:30 for dinner, but he was already at a table when she got there. he sipped at his tea with the strangest expression as yerin sat down across from him, and yerin had to ask.

"what's up with that face? is everything alright?"

jimin lifted his face from his mug then, and yerin could see an unmistakable glitter in his eyes. when he spoke, his voice was hardly above a whisper.

"the boy. working here. is so cute."

"oh my god, jimin!" yerin laughed, twisting around to see the boy in question. there he was, in his dark green apron with the museum logo. he was wrapping someone's sandwich in wax, his mint-colored hair falling into his face.

"cool hair," yerin said nonchalantly, and chuckled again as jimin melted anew.

"i've been here for the past 45 minutes," he sighed. he hasn't looked at me once since i sat down, yerin though with a smile. he's been looking past me at this boy.

"didn't you see any of the art?" yerin chided. "that's what we're here for, remember?"

jimin took another sip out of his empty mug. "i was just kind of wandering and i poked my head in here..."

"i think i'll get a caprese sandwich," yerin said, eyeing the menu on the chalkboard. "so now you're in love?"

he buried his face in his arms. "kind of..."

"do you wanna order for both of us so you can talk to him?" yerin offered kindly.

"okaaay," he chirped shyly, and returned a minute later with two sandwiches on paper plates.

"his name is yoongi," jimin said in a breathless whisper. "it said so on his nametag."

"that's creepy, min," yerin told him.

"whatever."

they punctuated their dinner with occasional chatter, but both minds were elsewhere: jimin on his new crush, yerin across the room at a certain someone eating his dinner alone.