e i g h t

Y/N plopped down on her couch, as Finn started to lecture her.
He had walked her home from the party, infuriated with her.
He automatically started to yell at her, "What were you thinking?! Huh?! Are you really that much of an idiot?!"
"Yeah! Maybe I am!" Y/N shouted back.
"Do you know what could have happened to you?!" Finn continued to shout.
"What are you, my dad now?" Y/N asked, getting more and more upset with the boy.
"Yeah! Since your real one is never around, I might as well lecture you about how fucking stupid you are!" He started to pace as he yelled.
That really made Y/N's blood boil.
"Drinking and smoking...for what?!" Finn turned to face Y/N.
"Why do you even care?!" Y/N questioned.
Finn's voice then became softer, "Because, the love of my life, is out there, drinking and smoking for no reason...screwing herself up for no reason..."
Finn had tears at the brims of his eyes.
When Y/N heard him call her 'the love of his life' her heart stopped.
"Screwing myself up? Wow...." Y/N stood up from the couch and started to walk upstairs.
She felt tears in her eyes, yet she choked them back.
Why was she crying?
There was no reason to cry...
She walked into her room, and slammed the door shut.
She threw her phone onto her bed, along with her keys.
She took off her jacket and just threw it, not caring where it landed.
Her back hit the door, as she slid down...
She wasn't able to keep in the tears. She started to cry, and sob, unable to keep it in.
She asked herself, "Why am I crying?!"
There was no reason to cry...yet she couldn't help it.
It wasn't that Finn had called her names...she couldn't care less what he called her...it was the fact that he said she was 'screwing herself up'
Maybe she was screwing her life up...
No! How could have be screwing up her life?
Or-maybe she was...
She wasn't even sure...
Tears just kept leaving her eyes, and she tried to cry quietly, very well knowing Finn would want to check on her, if he heard her crying. She tried to stop the sobs, but the more she tried, the louder they became.
She had her head in her hands.
She caught her breathe, and went over to her bed. She took off her makeup, and changed into a white crop top and Nike pros. She got into bed, and started to silently cry to herself.
She quickly wiped her eyes, not wanting to cry anymore, and rolled over on her side.

After about 15 minuets, Finn opened Y/N's door, and when he did so, he saw her room for the first time, which happened to look like this;

He looked at it for a minute, admiring it. He then looked at Y/N, who had still been on her side. He walked over to her, and slowly laid next to her. She turned over and faced him. He looked at her, then pulled her into him. He held her close. He didn't want to let go of her. She held onto him.
This is exactly what he longed for. He wanted to hold her. She started to lightly cry again. He held her even closer, if that was even possible, and whispered in her ear "Everything's going to be alright...I love you"
He just repeated that, over and over again. He kissed the top of her head every time he said it.
She still didn't know why she was crying...
She had been holding it in for so long that once it started, it wouldn't stop.
They held onto one another, as if they were each other's life line.
He kept repeating that simple sentence in her ear, and she slowly but surely started to calm down.

Finn let go of her, and looked at her. He smiled softly.
He then just kinda stared at her.
She sat up, "What?"
"Nothing...your just so beautiful" Finn was always captivated by her beauty.
Although she had been crying, she was still gorgeous.
Finn just watched her with admission in his eyes.
He truly loved her...and being with her made him feel so much better.
"I'm gonna go get a glass of water, I'll be right back" Y/N stated, and walked out of her room.
Finn turned over and looked at the pictures she had on her wall. More than half had been of him and her. He smiled at the pictures. Some had been from set. Others were from parties or other projects she had worked on in the past.

A couple seconds later, Y/N came back with a glass of water. She drank slowly, then put the glass on her bedside table.
"I just care about you, a lot" Finn stated.
"Hmm?" Y/N looked at the boy.
"Earlier, when I was yelling at you...it's because I care about you, more than I've ever cared about anyone...I just don't want you to screw your life up" Finn explained himself.
"You think I'm screwing my life up?" Y/N looked away from him.
"No...no baby, but I think that if you continue to act like this you'll be on verge of screwing your life up" Finn answered, warmly.
Y/N nodded and took another sip of her water.

"Now, I'm tired...I had a long flight over here...can we go to sleep?" Finn asked.
Y/N softly chuckled, "Sure"
They both got comfortable, and cuddled close together.
Finn wrapped his arms around Y/N, and their legs became tangled in the mix of it all.
They both were warm in each other's arms. They both felt safe and sound.
Finn's head rest lightly on Y/N's, as they both fell asleep in the arms of one another.