9

Cas POV

After Crona and I's meeting with Lord Death, he just wanted to make sure Jewls was okay, we went back to the apartment and I first thing I smelt when I walked in the door was tabacco, burning.

"What the hell..." I mumbled then jogging to Jewls's room. I tried to open the door but it was locked. Then I pulled out my bobby pin that was in my pocket and I picked the lock.

"What is that smell, Cas?" Crona asked.

"That is your sister, smoking." I sighed then I heard the pop of the lock. I then opened the door to find her looking out the window, sitting on a stool with a cigeratte. I looked at the window sill, and I found two other cigeratte buds. "Jewls-" I started, then was quickly cut off by Jewls.

"Don't start Cas." She warned me, as she looked out the window. Her voice was croaky, from smoking and it sounded like she had been crying.

"Well I am going to start. Jewls, you haven't smoked in a long while! Why now? After all of this!" I asked her.

"You know why. I can't help it! I am a monster! You always say I am perfect in your eyes, but I am not! I am a damn Hybrid! I shouldn't even be alive Cassio!"She yelled at me. I was taken back she always called me Cas not my full name, Cassio. "It's better than doing heroin." She mumbled.

"Heroin? When did you do heroin?" I asled confused.

"When I was on the streets. Liz and Patty tried to convince me to stop, then I had an overdose. I have been clean since then." She explained knockimg the ash off of her cigarette and putting it back in her mouth. Then I walked to her and pulked the cigarette from her lips and put it out.

"That was then. You need to stop this." I said as she took the ciggarette back and put it back between her lips and lit it. Then I took the box of cigarettes and threw it out the window.

"Hey!" She shouted at me.

"You need to take better care of yourself!" I shouted back.

"Why? Why does anyone even care? I am a monster!" She shouted. Then I looked at Crona, he was getting pissed.

"You are NOT a monster Julia! You are my sister. I love you! Just becuase you are a witch, Kishin hybrid doesn't mean your a monster. It's what you do that makes you one!" Crona rose his voice at his sister. I can tell she was taken back by him. "I will see you both tomorrow." He said then leaving.

"Well that is a first." I mumbled.

"That I can agree with." She sighed. "I am just mainly worried. What if I can't control it. What if the madness the kishin has genetically went to me and then I wouldn't be able to control my magic."
*****************************************************
Crona POV

I walked out of there, pissed amd I rarely got mad at Jewls. The things she said about herself set me on edge. So I walked back to the DWMA when I heard someone trying to get my attention.

"Crona." The fimailar voice said.

"W-whose there?" I stuttered.

"Don't tell me you don't recognise your own mother now." Medusa laughed as she pulled me into an alley.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked nervously.

"Since when is it a crime to see my own son? Plus I have a mission for you." She evily smiled.

"No. I have friends here and I am not going to betray them." I said without a single stutter.

"When did you get so brave? I am guessing it's becuase of your sister." She guessed. "And if you don't do this I will remove the block in her memory and send her into a deep depression. That is what is at stake here."