Chapter Three

Ch. 3

"Mike!?" I called as I walked into the auto shop. "Mike!?"

"Yo!" I chuckled shaking my head as I walked into the garage across from the main lobby.

"You're gonna kill yourself ya know" I stated walking to one of the only other men I'll trust. Mike was about twenty three years old, when his dad used to own this old place, when he retired to travel the world with Mike's mother Janice Mike took over the place. Mike was always here, working with his dad on the cars and motorbikes that would come and go. Janice was usually working in the lobby with me. Janice was a sweet patient old woman, who was kind enough to put up with me and give me advice on life, she was sweet and still so beautiful, aside from her age, she and Fred were so in love. It made me really believe in true love, when I had first started, Mike was really sweet and nice to me. he had once asked me on a date, but I just didn't think my crush on him would go anywhere, with my feelings for Edward I didn't really think I could start a relationship with another, but Mike tried, that alone was still sweet.

"why are you so scared of going under the hood?"

"I don't trust the hood to stay up, it could fall!"

"it never has before" Mike grinned. our attention was brought to the other room, hearing the bell jingle, signaling we had a customer.

"go on, get to work and bring in those customers" Mike chuckled. I blushed walking away, there was still a little fading crush I had on Mike, but talking to Edward today made that crush even more distant. Mike was a good looking man, a light brown scruff on his face, deep black hair covering his head, it was kept short and he always had bed head. his eyes were a deep blue and either always clouded with sleep, or clear and focused.

I looked up from the floor as I entered the store like lobby where we kept small car parts and different oils and other fluids for cars, my eyes went wide as they found a pair of emerald green ones, Edward, how'd he know I worked here?

"hey sweet thing, how's it going?" I heard Mike call to me, chuckling. Mike knew that we were only on a friendship, but he had taken it upon himself to keep the few males who'd walk in here and try to flirt with me away, calling me pet names and showing affection. I saw Edwards eyes darken in anger, turning a deep hunter green as he walked over to the direction of Mike's voice.

"No" I gasped quietly, standing in front of him, palms flat on his chest, feeling it rise and fall, the hardness surprising me, due to the fact that I hadn't touched him in three years.

"he's a friend, and my boss" I confirmed for Edward, his intensive stare held me captive as his eyes searched mine, looking to see if I'd been lying.

"just a friend?" his low voice asked.

"just a friend" I whispered.

"Hey, babe, you good up there?" Mike called.

"yeah!" I answered back.

"I don't like the way he talks to you" Ed stated. I blushed looking to the floor.

"he just does that to keep guys from coming on to me"

"I just, he talks to you like you're his girlfriend" he mubled, his face down as he shuffled his feet. he was nervous, a small smile found my lips as I blushed, he reminded me of when we were younger, boys wouldnt always notice me, but when they did Edward didnt like it.

"well I'm not his girlfriend" I mumbled.

"did you follow me?" Edwards eyes widened, looking up to me and then falling back to the floor. his cheeks tinged with a light blush.