8.

Once again, some intense stuff.

David's POV

It's been a while since I've been this stressed. And last time, my life was on the line. This time, it's someone else's. I can only hope that we're fast enough. I pull into a nearby parking lot and jog over to the door. Liza pounds on the wood.

"Open up!"

A click resonates from not far inside. A clean shaven head peeks from the door. He curls his chapped lips into an ugly sneer.

"I was told we'd have visitors today. What's  the password."

"Password? What the hell, are you seven years old?"

The heat starts to rise in my cheeks. How fucking dare they? We did everything they asked - granted, that was just to come here in less than 15 minutes. But to pull a stunt like this?

I move Liza out of the way and get into the guys face. He's a lot shorter than he looks, so I easily tower above him.

"The password I'm using is in not getting charged for fucking kidnapping. So you have ten seconds to get the fuck out of my way."

He smiles that ugly, cracked smile again.

"You're a fiesty little boy. Alright, BFG."

He moves out of the way. Liza grabs my hand, standing behind me. There are several stairwells. She sighs exasperatedly.

"You must be joking!"

She rushes forward, going up the last stairwell. I follow her up. The only light is a small, orange bulb hanging from the ceiling. She turns the knob at the top of the stairs. I guess she thought it was locked, because she stumbles through the door like she slammed on it. Maia hangs swinging in the middle of the room.

"Oh, thank god!"

Liza rushes over, examining the knots. I begin to pull out my phone, ready to snap pictures for evidence. But before I can even swipe my screen, I feel cold hard metal press against my temple.

"You really thought I would make it that easy?"

Liza's POV

God no. Not again. I turn around slowly to see David standing tense with a gun to his head. I let go of Maia and move to him, but another click from behind me freezes me in place.

"Move and your dead, whore"

"I don't  work for you anymore, T"

"And? You're still a whore. Anyhow, I thought I'd make this interesting. Entertaining. So, you only have two minutes to free her before we shoot both of you." 

I whip around to see who has a gun pointed at me, and my mouth drops open in surprise. A tearful young boy holds a shotgun, his little hands quivering . A small sob escapes his lips.

"Shut the fuck up, Brian!"

"Who else did you drag into this?"

"None of your business. You should be untying." 

She pushes David closer to Maia. I see him fiddling in his pocket. He looks at me and mouths 911. I nod my head and get to untying Maia. A few minutes later, I here pounding in the door.

"LAPD, open up!"

Taylor glares at us, cursing under her breath. 

"Don't fucking move."