5. Going Back

Blythe

The second my alarm sounded off, Dean's eyes open, blinking sever times before jumping up at the bed, realizing where he was. Then, he presses his fingers at his temples, rubbing it and then, groaning in frustration about the insane hangover that's hitting him.

              Rolling my eyes, I place the plate of food at the bed and the water on the floor next to him. "Eat your eggs. It'll help. Then, take some aspirin by the drawer."

              "Ugh. What time is it? What happened? How did I get here?"

              Smirking at him, I put on my navy-blue denim jacket, matching it with a sky-blue shirt and ripped, high-waisted jeans. "You became level-four drunk and because I know that your dorm has strict rules and because most of your teammates are at the party, I decided to just let you sleep in here. Don't worry, I didn't sleep beside you, I slept on the floor. Good thing I had extra blankets. Also, it's about seven-thirty so you have an hour to go back to your dorm and prepare and about thirty minutes extra to call your girlfriend."

              And lie to her that you stayed the night at Caleb's house because she will freak the fuck out if she ever knew that you were here in my dorm, sleeping.

              As he's chomping down on the eggs, he stares up at me with wide eyes. "Oh no. We fought and I drank myself into Baby Me."

              I nod, picking up my bag. "I'm going to go to my class and you can lock up after yourself. Make sure you don't forget your things because I won't be back until after dinner."

              "Wait, why?"

              Not saying anything, I wave at him goodbye and leave. He'll know later when I show up by the bleachers, I know, but I can't help but not tell him yet. I know he'll be the one that's going to freak the fuck out when he realizes that Caleb, the famous quarterback and playboy, has asked me out on a date and I agreed.

              Something tells me, he might do something he regrets once he finds out.

              I've never really had a date with anyone before but something about Caleb—maybe his charm, I don't know—gave me the reason to agree with it even though I have to be nice to him at the date since Dean made me promise. Nice isn't my forte, not when it came to Dean, yeah, sure, but other people? I'm pretty apprehensive.

              But Caleb? Something about him made me wonder and I didn't like it at all. To think about him and wonder about him? It's gross and crazy. Something I've never done.

              The classes were interesting enough and though everyone's mostly typing away at their phones and laptops, I decided to write the lectures down. It's much easier for me and at the same time, I remember them easily rather than typing it, especially when it came to Forensic Pathology and you have to really understand the human anatomy and the things that could go wrong.

              I've decided from then on, that Forensic Pathology is my favorite subject from the course. Sure, I like DNA analysis too but because it's still on the first week of college, not much exciting is happening yet. Interesting but not exciting.

              When it was lunch and I decided to go back to my dorm, I see a text from Dean.

              Thanks for taking care of me. I wasn't able to say it.

              Smiling, I shrug. It's fine. You know I got you.

              When my phone started vibrating longer, I saw that I had two texts. One from an unknown number and one from Dean.