15. Ride Home

Blythe

The day went pretty awkward. I've been avoiding him and he's been avoiding me. Whenever we would accidentally run into each other, we'd have a difficult time to get away from each other's way. When we were waiting for breakfast, we were all seating at different couches with me sitting on a single couch and Charlie, Jamie, and him sitting together.

The breakfast was filled with laughter, and I kept wishing that I'd have these types of dinner again with Nathan and Antonio but I know that it wouldn't be the same without him by our sides. Still, it did make me feel good about being here. They made me feel like I belonged, like they would always make me feel every time I visit here.

After we ate, Charlie and I offered to take care of the plates but Jessica said that the boys will do it so we didn't bother to argue. Instead, Charlie asked me if I wanted to just go outside and have a little girl-on-girl bonding. Something told me that she's just doing it because she's still a little pissed at Jamie but I still went.

Or I think she just wants to get something out of me.

"So, what's the deal with you two?" Charlie furrows her brows at me. "Why are you guys avoiding one another like the plague or something? Did something happen last night when you two were together? Oh my God."

There it is.

"Okay, first of all, calm down, Charlie," I raise my palms. "Nothing happened last night. Well, we did almost kiss this morning but that just be my imagine—"

"WHAT?"

In a second, I put my palm to her lips. "Okay, you need to relax. You're like acting my age right now and I'm going to stop talking to you if you continue to be like that."

"Mmm," she nods excessively, telling me that she fully comprehends what I just said. When I let her go, she grins at me like a cat who just caught the mouse. It's very disturbing.

Placing my index finger up in the air, I shake my head. "No. Stop that. You're like my friend, Chloe right now when we talk about boys. She's like a sister to me and if you want to have that kind of relationship with me, I am begging you, stop looking at me like that and don't shout things that will make everyone come here and ask what's wrong."

She shrugs. "Okay, I will be calm if you tell me the details."

So, I do. I talk about how I woke up in his arms and I spent an incredible amount of time just staring at him, thinking about him. Then, I explain to her how that's unlike me. We've had sleepovers when we were in high school and I would come over but I would never wait for a few minutes before getting up just so I can take a good look at him. Hell, I'd even push him off just for cuddling me but I liked it. Every second of it.

I talk about how he made me pull him up but he just pulled me to him and I landed on top of him. We were laughing but everything seemed to slow down and we were staring at each other's eyes. We were too close for my liking but I couldn't even get myself to separate from him. The only thing that broke me off of him was when Jamie came in the room without knocking.

"So, that's why Jamie was weird and was chuckling to himself when he came back to our room," Charlie's brows raise in realization. "When I asked him, he just said that he found two dogs playing with each other and it reminded him of our dog that's staying over at my mom's."

I stare at her. "Did that lie even work?"

She giggles. "'Course not. The guy's an open book when it comes to me. I know when he's lying or not by this time. I just let it slide since I know he'll do that when he's been promised that he won't tell anyone. That means Dean definitely made him promise not to say anything."