Dad's Office

You remember how something pinged in my head just before I told Bitchface where to go? Well somewhere in my dad's rant it went again. I could feel the anger and hurt building up in me. I jumped up out of my seat, building a head of steam. McGarrett and McGarrett, head to head again! "I was out of line in the truck? What about you?!" I shouted back at him. "You knew how hard it was for me to go in and say all of that, I didn't even want to do it, but you made me. You said you would support me, but as soon as we were out of there you start giving out again. I told you why I hadn't said anything about the detentions. You know I didn't deserve them. But that doesn't matter to you does it? You just think I misbehaved therefore I must be punished. As for me giving you attitude, you ordered me to write a letter to that bitch! Again ordered not discussed, no room for discussion with the Commander! Do this, do that, it's all BULLSHIT."

I was practically screaming at this stage. I hadn't taken in the fact that he was up out of his seat and rounding the desk to me. He grabbed my wrist, pulled me to the couch and over his knee. "Dad!", I protest but he lands 10 sharp slaps to my butt while holding down my wriggling body easily with his other arm. "Are you done?" he asks, stopping momentarily. "Dad! Not here", I cry, thinking the whole team can see what's happening through the glass of Dad's office. "It didn't seem to bother you that everyone could hear you when you cursed at Danny or when you started screaming at me, now you live with the consequences of that", he said calmly. SMACK!, SMACK!, SMACK!, "I have had enough SMACK!, of this behaviour SMACK!. The problem was not SMACK!, the detentions SMACK!, it was the fact that you lied to me SMACK!, not once but multiple times" SMACK!. I protest loudly with each smack but it lands on deaf ears. I'm still angry and trying to fight him but it's useless, like an ant swatting at an elephant! "Over a period of months you lied again and again to me" SMACK! he continues, "and you obviously felt very comfortable doing it SMACK!, because not once did you give the game away SMACK!, SMACK! And it wasn't just lying straight to me Sam SMACK!, you had to practice my signature to get it that good SMACK!, so it was premeditated SMACK! and planned SMACK! You knew exactly what you were doing" SMACK!

"I'm not one of your perps!", I shout at him, earning me another volley of slaps. It was starting to hurt, my skirt was giving me some protection, thankfully it was still in place and he wasn't going as hard as he had last night. That plus my anger had meant it wasn't too bad up to now, it was more the embarrassment of it and I think that was his intent. But the sting was building and reigniting the burn from the previous punishment. My hot angry tears were turning into real sobs but I am too stubborn to give in. "No", SMACK!, he continues, "you are my daughter SMACK!, I love you SMACK!, and I will not let you think you can behave any way you want SMACK!, because life does not work that way SMACK! This behaviour will stop SMACK! The lying SMACK! SMACK!, the sassing SMACK! SMACK!, the attitude SMACK!SMACK!, and especially the bad language" SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! "Ow Dad, stop please!" I cry. "Is what I said clear, Sam?"SMACK! SMACK! "Yes" I sob. WHACK! "EXCUSE ME?!" "OW yes sir", I howl, "it's clear, please stop". He lands one more hard smack to drive home his point then he stops and pulls me up into his arms. This time I don't fight him, instead I sob into his chest soaking his shirt. "Ssh" he soothes as he rubs my back, "it's done and hopefully there will be no more spankings for a very long time. You're ok, ssh. I love you baby".

We stay like that for quite a while until my sobs ease and eventually stop. I haven't said anything not trusting myself to talk, I just sit snuggled into him. My feelings are totally conflicted again. This punishment wasn't a shock, I had been apushing him all day and I knew it. Then Dad breaks the silence. "We need to talk about the apology letter Sam". I stiffen, every fiber wanting to scream at him again, but somehow logical Sam is in control at the moment and decides it's not a good idea. "You know you have to write it", he continues, "I know you are angry about how Ms. Higgins treated you, but you even admitted yourself that your behaviour towards her was out of line". I make to protest but he holds his hand up to stop me. "OK Sam" he sighs. "Is it OK that you lost your temper at your teacher?" I look up at him and he raises his eyebrows at me. "No", I say reluctantly. He clears his throats and I realise my mistake. "No sir!" I say rescuing myself. "Is it OK that you answered her back and shouted at her?" he continues. "No sir". "And is it OK that you cursed at her?" I bite my lip, "no sir", I reply really quietly. "Are you sorry you reacted that way?" he asks. "Yes sir" I reply. "Well then you should tell her that you are sorry for what you did". "BUT..." I try to interject but he cuts across me, "hang on" he says stopping me, "i'm not saying you have to forgive her for what she has done or say you weren't justified in your anger". Suddenly I sit upright looking him straight in the face, I understand what he's saying. "So you mean I should apologise for the way I behaved not why I behaved like that?!" "Exactly!" he says and smiles at me. "But do you think that will pass with Mr. Thompson?" I ask thinking this could just land me in more hot water with the school. "He told you to write a letter of apology and that is precisely what you are going to do". I look at him smiling. " You're good!" I say jokingly. "Well between you and me I may have had to write a few apology letters in my time." I look at him in shock, "you?!" He laughs and answers "sure, we're more alike than you think" and he winks at me.

Then he starts tickling me. I'm very ticklish and of course, being a ninja warrior, he's not. I squeal trying to get away from him but of course he's too quick. "No, no" I laugh despite myself, "stop it"! "What's the magic word", he laughs back? "PLEASE!" I squeal, "please Dad STOP!" Just then Danny pops his head into the office. "When you two kids are done goofing around, we have work to do Steve". He says in a disapproving tone. I roll my eyes and Dad laughs and lays one final sneak attack on my sides. "Oh my GOD, get him away please Uncle Danny". "STEPHEN!" Danny exclaims. "OK, OK I'm coming" Dad says with his hands held up in surrender. He turns to me as he's going and says "why don't you give that a go while I'm gone?" Then he kisses the top of my head and they go.