Chapter 8: Simply Unforgettable

"This isn't what it looks like!" Harry cried out suddenly, breaking the silence.

"This is exactly what it looks like." Voldemort said coldly.

"How… dare you!" Bellatrix raged, and began rushing towards the prison.

"No! Don't come in you'll-" Before Voldemort could finish, Bellatrix had entered the prison.

"Trap yourself here." Voldemort finished darkly, and realized Harry had squirmed away from him, and Bellatrix was now advancing on Harry, wand out.

"Crucio!" She screamed, and of course, nothing happened. She stared at her wand in confusion. "Crucio!" She screamed again.

"Bellatrix, you are a foolish woman!" Lucius seethed. "You've entered the prison." Her eyes widened in realization. "No magic. No nothing." He finished, sending his dirtiest look to his sister in law.

Realizing what she'd done, Bellatrix flung herself at Voldemort's feet.

"You have disappointed me." Voldemort declared coldly, not bothering to tell her to rise. "Because of…" Voldemort trailed off, he didn't want think of it as jealousy. "Your impatience, you have condemned us all to the prison."

"Don't be so dramatic, Tom." Harry said, coming up at his side. "Surely there's got to be someone else?"

Voldemort thought for a moment. "I can think of no other…"

"Rodolphus can help." Bellatrix said suddenly. "I taught him the spell, just in case. I didn't trust Severus." She tried to explain.

"Well, you can't deny she was right not to." Harry laughed.

"Perhaps, however, this does beg the question of how we're going to escape." Severus interrupted.

Voldemort scowled. "Why is everything going wrong…?" He muttered.

"Cheer up Tom." Harry said gently from the side of him.

Voldemort opened his mouth to shoot off a retort, before the form at his feet started speaking. "Forgive me, My Lord, but what are Potter and his little gang of Gryffindors doing here?" She asked, adding venom to the word Potter.

"They came to kill me, and failed." Voldemort said indifferently, as though it was nothing. "Something happened, and I cast the prison to protect myself. I unwittingly protected the others as well, and since then, we've been playing a game."

"You were all playing a game, My Lord?" She spluttered.

"We were playing truth or dare." Harry grinned.

"I didn't ask you." She seethed.

"That's fine. Severus, can I come over with you two?" He called out to the potions master.

"Of course you can." Severus nodded curtly.

"I'll go where I'm wanted." He sneered and with a parting dirty look, Harry left his best friend and went over to Severus and Hermione, who seemed to have gravitated into their own corner.

"Harry! You still owe me that kiss!" Voldemort shouted after him.

"Yeah, yeah!" Harry called over his shoulder, hiding his smirk from Voldemort. He was pleased Bellatrix had interrupted the dare.

"Kiss?" Bellatrix was looking up into Voldemort's face now, and she looked… heartbroken.

"Yes." Voldemort said coldly. "And wipe that disgusting look from your face." He sneered; it was a very strange thought indeed to think of Bellatrix Lestrange heartbroken.