Chapter 9: Sugar Highs and Sleeping Arrangements

"I'm not dancing closely with you." Harry warned as he and Lucius began to dance.

"Of course not," Lucius agreed, and they began to move in time with the music.

"So, why are you so keen to dance with me then?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"I'm not. You were merely complaining that you had nobody to dance with," Lucius noted. "So, if you wish to be correct, it was you who was keen to dance with me." Lucius said smugly.

"Hey! I could of danced with Ginny." Harry said defensively, and then looked at Draco and Ginny, who were now snogging.

"Maybe not then." Harry muttered.

"Jealous?" Lucius asked honestly.

"No," Harry answered. "Ginny is like a sister, nothing more."

"Unforgettable..." The voice crooned again, and Lucius took this opportunity to twirl Harry around.

Suddenly, all attention was drawn to Bellatrix, as she let out all almighty shriek.

"Don't you dare step on my foot again!" She bellowed and Ron looked sheepish.

"You know, I can actually dance." Harry sniggered.

"Can you now?" Lucius asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hermione can too, I think she just likes being so close to Severus." Harry answered thoughtfully.

"Where did you learn to dance?" Lucius asked, moving them both around the floor.

"Yule Ball." Harry cringed.

"Ah," Lucius acknowledged, and spun Harry around again, giving him a clear view of everything that was happening.

Severus and Hermione were almost melting into each other, which made Harry smile. Maybe Severus wouldn't be so... abrasive now. Harry suppressed a snort, like that would ever happen. 'Although, it might be nice to see Severus smile once in a while.' Harry thought to himself.

Next, he looked at Draco and Ginny, and they were still snogging furiously. Well, at least Ginny wasn't pining for him anymore, in fact, she'd basically rejected him earlier!

Harry rolled his eyes as he saw Draco's hand move back up to her chest. Harry turned his attention on Ron and Bellatrix, who were still dancing, and they seemed to have gotten just a tiny bit closer.

He remained dancing with Lucius until the song finished and then started again. Harry smirked for no particular reason, and then Ron started speaking.

Harry strained his ears to hear what he was saying, but couldn't hear above the music.

"Lucius," Harry hissed in his ear.

"What?"

"Move closer to Ron." Harry instructed and Lucius frowned, before doing as asked.

"-If beauty were sunlight, you'd shine from a million-light years away." Ron said seductively, trying to make it up to her for standing on her foot. Bellatrix scowled, but said nothing and both Harry and Lucius cringed.

"That was terrible." Harry whispered.

"Don't you like that one?" Ron pouted.

"I don't like you at all." She said scathingly.

"Did you hear that?" Ron said loudly, and urgently, causing even Draco and Ginny to stop snogging and look at him.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"That was the sound of my heart breaking." He answered shyly.

"That was worse." Lucius cringed again.