Patton's Turn

When Virgil awoke he did not see the blue neck tie the he had fallen asleep next to but a light blue shirt. Patton.
"Hey, kiddo. How did ya sleep?"
Patton smiled down at the barely conscious Virgil who abruptly realized he was laying on the elders shoulder and sat up straight.
"I don't know, I was sleeping."
Patton frowned, pondering that answer for a bit.
"Fair enough I guess."
Virgil yawned and blinked, focusing his eyes. The bags under his eyes lacked the artificial smear of eyeliner and Patton realized that Virgil wasn't wearing makeup. His skin was so much paler than it should be and the bags under his eyes looked like bruises. Patton began looking his sleepy younger up and down. He noticed that Virgil was at least 30 pounds lighter than the rest of them, he looked withered. Patton began to worry that if Virgil were to go outside that the wind my knock his small frame to the ground.
"Kiddo, you really don't look too good."
"Gee, thanks."
"No, really. How did we not notice earlier?"
"Under the mask of makeup and shield of a hoodie there was no way to tell a difference."
"I hate it."
"Patton.."
"No really, this isn't fair."
The father figure was suddenly outraged and pacing back and forth in front of Virgil.
"We love you so deeply and even with all of that this is what happens to you! Why didn't you tell us? We want to help, we're here to help! This is not fair! You don't deserve to be tortured like this!"
Patton had tears streaming down his reddened cheeks.
"I.. I don't know what to say."
"None of us do! If we could just find the right sentence to cure you!"
"Just come here and hug me already Patton."
The father figure was taken aback for a moment, contact was rarely initiated by the youngest unless he was in breakdown mode. Patton quickly jumped at the opportunity before it was retracted and curled into Virgil's small frame on the couch.