The Bite

Season 3 Episode 19

"Oh, gosh. It's throbbing," I whined as I looked at the bite in the mirror.

We had arrived back at the Salvatore boarding house late last night. Stefan was actually nice enough to give me a room since Klaus had thrown me back into their lives.

Their house was quite large and really beautiful, might I add. This was the first time I had seen it since my time being here. There were so many different rooms and the yard was huge. It was much better than their house in 1864.

"This is for you." I turned around and saw Damon entering my room with a blood-bag in his hand.

"Thank you, Damon. I'm sorry that you and your friends are responsible for me at the time being. I promise I will stay out of your hair. I'd like to get on your good side so one of those last two stakes won't be used on me." I sent him a smile and took the bag from his hand.

"How are you doing? I've experienced what the bite does to vampires, and it was not a good experience.."

"Well, I'm cold and sweating at the same time. My neck is throbbing and my body feels like it's on fire. So, I'd say not so good. Has Alaric turned into, what are you guys calling it? His alter-ego?"

"He has not, but, I'll be working on that for the time being." He nodded and turned to leave my room.

"Uh, Damon?" I called out. He turned back around, a confused look on his face. "You didn't happen to hear me talk to Rebekah earlier, did you?"

"No, I was too busy dying to listen," he rolled his eyes and walked out.

I let out a relieved sigh and sat on my bed. I opened the blood bag and drank it slowly before throwing the empty bag away and crawled under the covers of my bed. Hopefully I can sleep this off in time for them to get the stakes.

***

I woke up really early in the morning from the pain. It was excruciating. I crawled out of bed, stumbling to the door. The bite was definitely worse than a few hours ago. I just can't wait for the hallucinations to kick in! That was sarcasm by the way.

I'm not sure how I managed to make it out of my room and down the stairs without falling. I could barely stand.

I made my way into their main living room. I stumbled into a table, knocking over a lamp, which broke on the floor.

"Hey, that's expensive."

I blink the blurriness from my eyes and let them adjust to the light, finally seeing Damon enter the room.

I blink again and the scenery changes to the Salvatore house in 1864. Damon was also human again, standing in front of me with a huge smile on his face.

"I've told father about us," he said, taking my hands in his.

Everything was getting to me because it felt so real, and I wasn't feeling so sick all of the sudden.

"You did? I'm sure he does not approve," I giggled.

"He will come around once he see's how much I am in love with you." Damon kissed my hand then grabbed my face in his hands and smashed his lips to mine. I laughed in the kiss and pushed him away because we weren't alone in the room.

"Damon, stop," I giggled.

"Helloooo?" Damon waved his hand in front of my face.

I blinked and everything disappeared. Damon stood in front of me, looking very confused.

"What happened?" I groaned, feeling the pain rush through my body again.

"You were staring off in space and was talking to yourself," he paused and eyed me up and down. "You said my name."