The Five

Season 4 Episode 4

Damon's POV

"Is she back or not, Stefan?" I yelled for the third time. He wasn't giving me a straight answer. He was just beating around the bush.

"No," he said without looking at me. I could tell he was lying. He usually had a tell, and avoiding eye contact was this tell.

"Then why was this in my room?" I held the necklace up.

"I don't know. Maybe she gave it to Rebekah to give back," he shrugged.

"If she saw Rebekah, then she was here at one point. Is she still here?"

"I don't know!"

I ran up to him and slammed him up against the wall.

"Stop lying!"

"Calm down!" He pushed me off harshly.

"I can't calm down! You see? This is what she does to me! She makes my mind go crazy. Gah, I hate her!" I threw the necklace across the room. There was a moment of silence before I sighed and went and picked it up. I ran my thumb over the pendant. "Why'd she give it back?"

"I don't know," Stefan sighed also.

***

Elizabeth's POV

"Rebekah, why are we at the grill? Do you not understand what 'low profile' means? Everyone comes here, aaand there's Matt. Go give him your gift, but I doubt he'll forgive you for running him off a bridge and killing his friend."

She rolled her eyes and marched up to him while he was working. I waited behind a little until he walked away from her. When he walked away I saw Klaus sitting at the bar having a drink, staring at us both.

"You're trying to hard," Klaus said to Bekah.

"Last I heard, you were leaving town-- forever," Rebekah said.

"Well, I was," he got up from his seat and walked over to us. "But then I thought to myself, how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and attention, is left here... bribing the help."

"Oh, fuck off Nik," I said annoyed.

"What do you want? I thought I was dead to you," Rebekah said to him.

"Things change, Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you. Both of you actually."

"Doubt that," I said, raising my hand to get the bartenders attention. I'm in desperate need of a drink.

"No? Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed?"

"What?" Rebekah and I gaped at the same time.

"You see? And like that, bygones. Come on, sisters. Work to do."

"We don't have anything to do. There is no 'we'. I don't care about The Five, and I don't care about you," Rebekah said while I took a whole bottle of bourbon from the bartender.

"Ouch," I smirked and took a drink.

"As you wish," Klaus smiled and walked away.

"Bex, are you okay?" I asked, seeing the sadness upon her face.

"Yes, I am. It just brings back a lot of memories," she sighed.

"Shall we go back home?" I asked her.

"We shall," she locked my arm in hers as we left.

***

"El, I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back," Rebekah said.