Rekindling

Season 4 Episode 13

I watched as the text finally went through. An evil smirk forming on my face as I put my phone away.

The reception here is horrible. I doubt I would get any when we started hiking so I had to make sure that that plan was full proof before we started our exhibition.

"You know, you're not really helping," Stefan said. I looked at him and he was looking at Rebekah, who was shooting daggers Elena's way.

"You're perfectly capable of tying a knot," she said.

"Your giving Elena the evil eye-- It's not really helping."

"She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back-" I interrupted her and said, "Staring at her is the least harmful thing she can do. You're lucky I haven't killed her yet."

"You know I can hear you, right?" Elena asked, stopping in her step.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah laughed.

Elena dropped her bag and sped over to Rebekah, grabbing her by the throat and pointing the White Oak stake in front of her heart. I grabbed Elena by her arm and swung her body to the ground. I heard a crack, obviously her head hitting a rock.

Rebekah leaned down to her face. "Go ahead and try and kill me. But then you'd have to face your real problems-- Like the fact that Stefan invited me here himself. I guess he likes me again."

"And if you kill her, I would kill you faster than you could even look my way," I added.

Elena groaned and reached behind her head. When she brought her hand back there was blood on it.

I laughed and went after Rebekah who already walked away. I looked over my shoulder and watched Stefan reach his hand out, but she only denied and walked away from him. That just made me laugh more.

We all gathered up and began to follow Shane through the woods.

Shane's satellite phone beeped as he tried to get a signal.

"Satellite phone lost it's signal," he said.

"That's a good sign," Damon said sarcastically.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena said looking around.

"So then leave. Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary," Rebekah said.

"Please don't start," Stefan said.

"I'm merely stating the facts. Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure. Shane is the human compass. Stefan, El, and I have the tombstone, which does God knows what. And Elena has no point," she said, and I totally agree with her.

"What about me?" Damon asked from the front.

"You have a nice behind," she said.

"Nice," I held up my hand, which she high-fived. Damon looked over his shoulder, a smirk on his face as he made eye contact with me. I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my feet.

Darkfall came around. My legs were aching, which I don't even understand. I'm a thousand year old Original vampire. My legs shouldn't hurt.

Now Shane was boring us with his stories of Qetsiyah and Silas and some magical well, I don't know. I couldn't care less so I just tuned him out. I had fallen behind everyone, now walking behind Jeremy and Bonnie. If looks could kill, Jeremy would be dead by now. I honestly can't wait till Katherine makes her appearance and kills him. And does whatever else she wants. Rebekah doesn't know I've been in contact with her, no one does.