Back to Virtual

~Sera~
"Will all finalists report downstairs? Kaiba Craft Three is about to make it's descent on Kaiba Corp. Island," Roland announced. I groaned.
"Roland, you're evil, I swear," I mumbled. I felt Yami chuckle.
"Glad to see you awake," he told me. I thought someone was playing with my hair, he always does.
"I can't help it, a girl needs her beauty sleep...wait-did Roland say Kaiba Corp. Island?" I asked sitting up. Yami sat up and nodded. I groaned. "Wonderful," I grumbled getting up. I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I walked back out to see Yami all ready. I walked up and wrapped my arms around his neck while his came around my waist.
"Forget something?" He asked smirked.
"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You might have to remind me," I joked. Yami let out a small chuckle.
"I happily will," he told me. I then felt his lips on mine. We pulled away and I sighed.
"We better get going," I said to him. He nodded until we felt a jolt which caused me to tumble and Yami to catch me. "Okay, what the hell?" I asked.
"Are you okay?" Yami asked me. I nodded at him as he steadied me. "Let's go," Yami told me before letting Yugi take over. I nodded before grabbing my Duel Disk and deck as he did. We then made our way to where I knew my brother would be. We managed to join the others and we ran to my brother. Once there we ran in.
"Hey! What's up with the turbulence?!" Joey yelled.
"Yeah, some of us sleep past five," Tristen agreed. I walked over to my brothers and Mokuba grabbed my hand. The blimp started turning left.
"Oh no! The autopilot isn't responding, Mr. Kaiba!" The pilot said.
"Make it respond!" Seto ordered.
"But it's rejecting every one of my commands! What should I do?" The pilot asked.
"I pay you good money, now do whatever it takes to get us back on course to Kaiba Corp. Island," Seto ordered. I placed a hand on his arm.
"That pile of junk?" Tristen asked.
"Hey! Watch what you're calling junk! That's where our company started!" Mokuba told him.
"Is that the final dueling sight?" Yugi asked.
"It is. Sera and I built it out of the ruins of our step-father's empire. It symbolizes the triumph of new over old," Seto said.
"Huh?" Yugi asked.
"Kaiba Corp. wasn't always a game company. The corporation was originally set up by our step-father to construct high tech vehicles for war. But then Seto and Sera took over and changed all that. That island out there used to be the company's central headquarters until my brother and sister tore down all the military factories. Then they built that duel tower on top of the rubble as the symbol of the new Kaiba Corp.," Mokuba informed proudly. I let a small smile show, but I still felt pain.
"That's enough, Mokuba!" Seto snapped. I knew talking about our step-father was a touchy subject. I grabbed my big brother's hand and squeezed it, receiving one back.
"I think we hit a sore spot," Joey commented. I sighed.
"Remember what I had said on our way to Duelist Kingdom?" I asked him. He nodded. "That's why," I said. I started remembering everything and Seto wrapped an arm around my shoulders in comfort.
"I've got it! The navigation computers are taking orders from outside the ship! Someone's hacked into the mainframe and changed our destination coordinates," the pilot informed. I started getting a horrible feeling.
"Seto...you don't think..." I tried to ask.
"I hope not, little sister," Seto told me.
"There's no way that's true! The security system on this ship is state of the art!" Mokuba stated. We started going down.
"Our situation is worsening! We're losing altitude rapidly" The pilot called.
"Gee, I wonder what gave you that bright idea!" I called sarcastically as Seto held me to him so I wouldn't fall.
"We can see that, you buffoon!" Seto called next.
"Everybody, hold on!" The pilot warned. We crashed into the water. I held Mokuba as Seto held us. We finally lifted up. "Is everyone alright?"
"Besides the whiplash and the sprained ankle?" Tristen asked sarcastically.
"Can you say lawsuit?!" Joey asked. I looked at the pilot.
"Try the emergency override system!" I told him.
"It's no use, I've been completely locked out," he told me. I groaned and walked up.
"Let me do it," I told him. He moved and I took the seat. I started my hacking magic.
"Well?" Seto asked me. I glared at the panel.
"Whoever it is knows my level of hacking and is doing very well at stopping it. Dammit!" I growled. Something started to show on screen. "Oh great, now what?" I asked.
"Greetings duelists. There's nothing wrong with your television set," the young voice said. A boy appeared on screen with greenish blue hair and violet eyes. "I'm in control now," he added. Mokuba and I gasped.
"Identify yourself!" Seto demanded.
"Always barking orders, aren't you? I've been observing you and it's time I put you in your place, Seto!" The boy smirked. "So from now on, I'll be calling the shots around here and my first order of business is to put an end to your little card game," the kid said.
"You'll never get away with this, you creep!" Mokuba glared.
"Too late for that, I already have," the kid told him. I glared.
"Look, kid. Tell us who you are right now," I growled lowly.
"Ah, the Queen of Kaiba Corp. Much like your brother with the orders now, aren't you? What's next? You hurt your little friends?" He taunted. I glared menacingly.
"If I hurt anyone, it will be you for trying to put all of us in danger, you little creep!" I told him.
"Now, we demand to know your name," Seto glared.
"There you go again. Well, fine, that name is Noah and you and I go back a long way, Seto," Noah smirked.
"Alright, enough of your foolish games!" Seto snapped.
"I'm afraid my games have only just begun, you fool," Noah said before disappearing from the screen.
"What do you think he meant by that, Seto? Sera?" Mokuba asked us.
"Unfortunately, I think we're about to find out," Joey answered instead. We then watched as something arose from the water.
"What is that?" Tea asked.
"It seems like some kind of underwater fortress or something," Joey said.
"I don't like the looks of it," Kendra said.
"It's huge!" Duke commented.
"And it's still growing!" Joey added. I stood up from the seat and Seto grabbed my hand to keep my close. The pilot took the seat again.
"Why does that nagging feeling in my gut keep getting worse by the second?" I asked.
"I wish I knew," Seto replied.
"I've got bad news, Mr. Kaiba," the pilot said.
"What is it?" Seto asked.
"Well, sir, it appears that floating fortress is using a tractor beam to pull our ship straight towards it," he answered.
"Let us go!" Mokuba shouted.
"Look, you little brat, enough's enough!" Tristen said.
"It's no use, guys. That kid's got us right where he wants us. I just wish I knew where that was," Joey said.
"I think we all do, Joey," I said.
"He's activated our landing junction, sir. There's nothing I can do!" the pilot stated.
"As soon as we land, I'll make that little brat pay," Seto growled lowly.
"I want first crack at him," Tristen agreed.
"Easy, he's just a kid," Duke told him.
"I'm finding that doubtful," Kendra told her boyfriend.
"Are we safe?" Serenity asked her brother.
"Of course we are, sis. As long as I'm on board," Joey told her.
"That's enough. This is my aircraft and I'll handle this on my own," Seto stated. I rolled my eyes.
"Forget it, we're helping and that's that!" I told him with a stern tone.
"Sera..."
"Seto Kaiba, we're helping and there's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind," I told him. He sighed.
"I hate it when you use the full name card," I heard him grumble. I smirked. Its then we landed and Noah appeared on screen again.
"Thanks for dropping in, Seto. Time for you and your friends to exit the ship," Noah smirked.
"Is that so? What if we don't?" Seto asked scowling. Noah chuckled.
"I'm afraid at this point, refusal is not an option. Thanks to my sun facers," Noah said as the gun like machines pointed at us. Seto pulled me behind him.
"Do what he says," Duke said as he held Kendra protectively.
"This kid's nuts!" Joey said. Seto walked me over to Yugi and let me go before starting to walk off.
"You all stay here," he said.
"Kaiba, don't!" Yugi shouted. We started to follow until my twin stopped us.
"Look, this is my battle, Yugi. So don't do me any favors," Seto told him.
"Kaiba..." Yugi tried to say. Mokuba and I ran over to him.
"Mokuba, Sera, you are not to leave this ship," Seto told us sternly.
"But wait..." Mokuba tried to say.
"Noah, I'll be coming out to you alone. Any questions?" Seto asked the greenette boy. Shots were fired and Seto covered me and Mokuba.
"Care to reconsider your decision?" Noah asked.
"I can answer that for him!" Joey commented.
"Now, let's try this whole thing again, shall we, Seto? Please be so kind as to exit the ship with your friends," Noah instructed. We all walked off the ship then.
"Let me handle this and we'll be out of here soon," Seto told all of us.
"Look, I don't know what this kid's beef is with you, but it's our problem now too so why don't you just get over yourself?" Joey asked.
"Now if you'll all proceed straight ahead, we can continue this party," Noah announced over the comm. The pilot and Roland tried to stop us but was shot with the sun facers. "You two goons can wait on the blimp. This invitation is for duelists only."
"You're not duelist," Duke said to Tristen.
"No one has to know that so zip it, dice boy," Tristen told him.
"Not all of us are duelists, so zip it, both of you," Kendra hissed. Seto started walking away.
"Serenity, I want you to stay here where it's safe," Joey told his sister in a stern tone.
"But, Joey, we're a team and there's no way I'm letting you go out there without me," Serenity told him.
"But..."
"She's better off with us, Joey. That creep Marik is back there, remember?" Tristen asked as we started following my brother.
"What is it you want from us, Noah?" Yugi asked...the way he asked almost reminded me of Yami. Wow, he's becoming another Yami.
"Everything will be made clear soon enough. Just continue to the end of the hallway where my associates will brief you. They're especially excited to see the two of you, Mr. and Ms. Kaiba," Noah answered. Seto and I gritted our teeth. A door opened.
"This is getting creepier and creepier," Tea commented as we walked into the room.
"Check it out. What is this place?" Mokuba asked.
"It looks too big to be a racquetball court," Joey commented.
"Is there anybody out there?!" Tea called out. We then heard laughter and a blinding light was shown at us.
"Whose there?!" Seto asked.
"Show yourselves!" I demanded.
"With pleasure," we heard. Seto and I looked over shocked.
"But wait..." Seto started.
"It can't be!" I finished.
"You should have known we'd be back Seto and Sera Kaiba, for revenge," the middle of the Big Five said. "Surprised to see us again, Kaibas?" Gansley asked.
"So you know these five suits, you two? What's going on here?" Tristen asked.
"Suddenly I feel really underdressed," Duke commented.
"So not the time, Duke!" Kendra told him.
"I can't put my finger on it, but something about these guys seems really familiar to me," Yugi said. I glared at the Big Five.
"Yugi, these are the guys that trapped Seto in the virtual world and tried to take over Kaiba Corp. They knew I would go on there to save him, so they tried to trap all of us with that Mythical Dragon," I informed. Yugi realized it now with Joey. "Gansley, Crump, Johnson, Nezbitt, and Leichter, also known as the Big Five," I finished.
"That's right, they trapped Kaiba in cyberland until we saved him!" Joey said.
"Almost right. They were hired by our step-father to serve as Kaiba Corps. Board of Directors, but that wasn't enough power for them. So they tried to destroy me by using mine and Sera's own virtual technology to take over our company," Seto said.
"When those corporate creepazoids lost they were imprisoned in the virtual world instead of Seto," Mokuba said.
"That's right, but did you honestly believe you had seen the last of us? We wondered through cyberspace for what seemed like an eternity thinking one question over and over; how could we get revenge for our suffering," Gansley said.
"We found our answer the day Noah hacked into Kaiba Corps mainframe," Crump said next.
"Once we discovered that we all shared a common enemy in the Kaiba twins, naturally Noah uploaded our minds to his system," Johnson finished shocking all of us.
"So you guys are virtual?" Tea asked.
"Sera and I defeated you once and we can easily do it again," Seto glared. I nodded agreeing with the same glare.
"We plan to give you every opportunity to do so, Kaibas, for we've devised a new game with Noah's help," Gansley said.
"What kind of game are we talking about, you snake?" Seto snarled.
"Oh, it's a game you're quite familiar with, Kaibas. It's a Duel Monster's tournament, a Virtual Duel Monsters tournament that is and you're all invited to participate," Gansley answered.
"But why do you guys wanna duel us?" Yugi asked them, eyes narrowed.
"Our minds have been trapped in this virtual world for so long we've lost our bodies," Crump stated.
"But if we defeat you in Noah's virtual arena then we'll return to the real world in your bodies," Johnson smirked.
"No one's taking over my body again!" Joey growled.
"I'd rather die," I growled next.
"Now it's time to pay a visit to our special dueling world," Gansley said. The Big Five laughed as the light shown brighter. "I'm sure you'll find this world unlike anything you've ever seen!" Gansley said as we were thrusted into the virtual world. We all woke up to the sound of the jungle.
"It's a jungle," Tristen observed.
"Not quite," Yugi said.
"What do you mean, Yugi? It looks like a jungle to me," Tea said as me and my brothers stood up.
"Weren't you geeks listening? This environment is virtual," Seto told them. Serenity hugged her brother.
"Relax, Serenity. I know this place looks real, but it's actually just a life sized video game, sis," Joey told her.
"Are you sure this isn't real? Because it sure smells real," Kendra commented.
"That was me," Tristen said sheepishly.
"Tristen! That's gross!" Kendra hissed. We then heard something.
"I don't like the sound of this, you guys," Mokuba said. I grabbed his hand and pulled him behind me. We then looked up to find a tyrannosaurus rex...not good.
"Uh, don't panic. It's just a hologram," Joey said pushing Serenity behind him.
"Are you sure?" She asked him.
"Uh why? Do I seem sure?" He asked her. The rest of them ran while Seto and I stayed. The t-rex went to claw us.
"Run, Kaiba! Sera!" Yugi shouted.
"Seto! Sera!" Mokuba shouted. The t-rex slashed us, but the claws went right through. The t-rex left then. Seto and I smirked.
"That brat, Noah can't intimidate us with cheap virtual illusions like this. We've wrote better virtual reality programs back when this kid was still wearing diapers," Seto said.
"You're telling me, big brother. This stuff's amateur," I agreed. Tea walked up to a pink flower. Her hand went right through.
"You're right...Kaiba? Did you just change your outfit or something?" Tea asked. We looked over. The other Seto were dressed like he was back in Duelist Kingdom.
"Uh, that's not Kaiba," Yugi told her. Tea scrambled back over. Tea looked between Seto and the other Seto. She was freaking out.
"Relax, he's a cheap copy. I used to create virtual clones of myself all the time to duel against," Seto said as his clone walked across from us.
"Why duel yourself?" Duke asked him.
"Who better?" Seto asked. The other Seto smirked at my brother. We turned and saw a Total Defense Shogun.
"What's he doing here?" Joey asked.
"Attention fools, it's time for us to demonstrate the new rules," Gansley announced.
"What do you mean 'new rules'?!" Yugi shouted.
"We've created a new system of dueling, especially for our tournament, so pay attention and try to keep up! In our world we play by a new set of rules called the Deck Master System, so watch and learn as our virtual Kaiba battles Total Defense Shogun. First, each duelist choses a Deck Master," Gansley said as a Blue Eyes White Dragon appeared beside the other Seto. "Blue Eyes will be Virtual Kaiba's and Total Defense Shogun will be his own Deck Master. Now, begin!" Gansley ordered.
"For my first move, I summon Lord of Dragons (1200 ATK, 1100 DEF)!" Virtual Seto played. "And next I play the Flute of Summoning Dragon!" The Lord of Dragons grabbed the flute and blew it. "This magic card allows me to summon two more Blue Eyes White Dragons to the playing field! And now I'll move my Deck Master to the center of the playing field," Virtual Seto said.
"Cyber Kaiba played three Blue Eyes in once move!" Joey said shocked.
"So it looks like your Deck Master stands next to you 'til you decide to summon it onto the field," Yugi observed.
"Lastly, I'll use Polymerization to fuse my three Blue Eyes White Dragons together to form Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (4500 ATK, 3800 DEF)!" Virtual Seto said.
"As you can see, Virtual Kaiba combined his Deck Master with two other Blue Eyes to form a creature that's virtually unstoppable and thanks to his Deck Master's special ability this fusion monster can attack immediately," Gansley said.
"Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, I command you to attack Total Defense Shogun directly!" Virtual Seto ordered. His dragon attacked.
"Of course since Total Defense Shogun is also a Deck Master it has its own special ability. Total Defense Barrier!" Gansley said as a barrier covered Total Defense Shogun. "It blocks the attack and reflects it right back." The attack then went right back to the Blue Eyes and was destroyed as well as Virtual Seto. "Tata, Virtual Kaiba. Soon that will happen to the real boy. You see, if your Deck Master is destroyed, you automatically lose duel regardless of life points and when each of you loses a Duel, one of us will take over your body!" Gansley told us.
"I've heard enough! Sera and I have defeated you five white collar has beens before and we can easily do it again! No matter what the rules are, we'll still take you down!" Seto shouted. I suddenly felt weird as did the others.
"Let us outta here, bunch of old cranks!" Joey shouted. Now it was nothing but white all around us.
"We've never even left this room, you fools," Gansley said as the room went back to normal.
"But make no mistake, you kids are going nowhere for a long while," Johnson said.
"You're trapped and your only chance of escape is to defeat each of us in a virtual duel," Crump finished.
"There's no way you're going to get away this this, you stuffed shirts!" Mokuba told them.
"Yeah, we'll kick your big business butts!" Joey agreed.
"Joey, wait," Serenity said worried.
"Don't worry, Serenity. We can whip these five geezers one, two, three. I promise we'll win and I've never broken a promise to ya," Joey told her.
"Then promise you'll be careful," Serenity said.
"Deal," Joey agreed.
"If we stick together, they won't stand a chance," Yugi said making me nod.
"Don't worry, I've got your back man," Duke said.
"Me too," Tristen agreed.
"Count me in," Kendra smirked.
"Pass the jam because these guys are toast," Joey said.
"Hold on, guys. They never said which of us will actually have to duel!" Tea pointed out. Johnson chuckled.
"Good question, kid. Just to make sure you all suffer equally, we'll be dueling against each and every one of you, brats," Crump said.
"Remember, we need to take over five bodies. So the first five of you to lose will have the honor of gaining our minds while yours stay trapped here," Johnson said.
"In your dreams!" Seto said.
"I think a snake would be better than you, creeps," I glared.
"Since you destroyed our bodies, all we've had are our dreams, Kaibas. Until now. The time has come to make our dreams a reality by escaping this virtual abyss and leaving you here in our place for all eternity!" Gansley told us. We have to make it out of this....

*A little Author's Note*

Sorry it has taken me so long to get Season 3 up. College and real life has been kicking my butt. I've finally gotten everything calm so now I am able to get S3 up!

I also have read previous comments from Season 1 and 2. Let me clear this up. Yes, I know for Rainbow Dragon, certain cards has to be sacrificed. BUT this is my story so please just go along with it. I enjoy reading the comments as it gives me motivation to continue to update the Power of the Hearts series.

Now! I have another series called Angel of the Blue Eyes the Seto Kaiba version. It was previously on Quotev as well. I've been thinking of putting that series on here as well. If you, the reader, would like for me to publish it on here, Please leave a comment on THIS chapter.