Tech Trouble

~Kendra~
Right now we were in an open field and the wind was blowing softly.
"That breeze feels nice," Serenity commented. I nodded.
"I couldn't agree more," I said closing my eyes. Duke grabbed my hand making me look at him. He was giving me a smile which I returned. I'll have to thank Sera later. If she hadn't introduced us, then I wouldn't have a great boyfriend. Duke asked me out the first day we met. We spent the first three days together and I really like him. I wouldn't say love just yet...but it's close.
"I guess this virtual world does have some good points," Tristen said.
"Five old creepy guys want to steal our bodies! How can you talk about good points?" Duke snapped at him. I sighed.
"They won't get that chance. I know it," I said to them.
"How do you know, Kendra?" Duke asked me.
"I can feel it. And I bet Sera, Yugi, Joey, and Tea are looking for us right now as we speak," I told them.
"I really hope your right," Serenity told me. I gave her a small smile.
"Hey, it's my gut instinct, it's never let me down before," I told her. We soon saw a door, we were a little hesitant to open it though. I sighed. "Guys, we never know unless we try," I said. They tried to stop me, but I opened the door. Suddenly we were in the room we started in before we went to the virtual world. It was weird though, no sign of the blimp anywhere.
"So are we in the real world?" Serenity asked.
"I don't think so, look!" Duke said. We all looked up. A Robotic Knight.
"It's some kind of giant robot or something!" Tristen said. I then realized...technology, Big Five. Sera, thank you for telling all that you could before.
"It's you, isn't it, Nezbitt?" I asked glaring.
"Hm, how did you know?" He asked.
"Being friends with a Kaiba can come in handy. You're the tech geek of the group," I stated.
"Very observant. You know why I'm here then?" He asked. I nodded.
"To duel one of us...and I'll be the one to duel you," I told him.
"Kendra, no!" Duke said grabbing my hand.
"Do you even know how to duel?" Tristen asked. I nodded.
"Yes, Sera taught me," I whispered to him. "If I win, you're gone, forever. We get to leave. If I lose, then you get my body," I told Nezbitt.
"Better yet, why not all of your bodies?" Nezbitt asked.
"You want a body then you take my deal, you ass. You even think of touching these three then I'll kick your tin can to the other side of the virtual world. Got it?" I asked glaring.
"Kendra, please. Don't do this," Duke said making me look at him. I gave a small smile to him.
"Don't worry about me, okay? I know what I'm doing. Just trust me," I told him. He sighed and nodded. I looked at Nezbitt. "Well? Let's get this show on the road, tin man," I told him.
"Fine, choose your Deck Master. I won't have to, I'm my own Deck Master," Nezbitt told me. I nodded.
"My Deck Master will be White Dragon Ninja (2700 ATK, 1200 DEF) then," I told him.
(Nezbitt-4000, Kendra-4000)
"Now, if any of your friends try to help you or give you hints, then you will suffer the consequences by falling into the toxic abyss below," Nezbitt said. I nodded.
"That's fine, I won't need their help to beat you. I draw first," I told him. I drew my cards. Not a lot of choice really. "I play the Immortal Bushi (1200 ATK, 600 DEF) in attack mode, then I play one card face down (Mirror Force). My turn in over," I stated.
"It is time for me to accelerate into high gear with this. Gigatech Wolf (1200 ATK, 1400 DEF). Attack the female's Immortal Bushi!" Nezbitt ordered. I smirked.
"Not so fast. Activate Mirror Force trap card!" I said. His attack was reflected
(Nezbitt-3600, Kendra-4000)
"You're not really good at this, are you?" I asked.
"Observe my Deck Master's special ability, Heavy Artillery! Each machine monster I discard with five hundred points will do damage to you," Nezbitt said playing a card which hit me. I couldn't help but shriek in pain as I fell to my knees.
"Kendra!" Duke shouted to me.
~Sera~
Once we left the courtroom, the scenery changed. It was a cave. We started walking around hoping to find the others. I knew Joey was worried for Serenity and it deeply showed with how jittery he was. We then heard a shriek.
"That sounded like Kendra!" I said. I ran a head worried for my friend.
~Kendra~
(Nezbitt-3600, Kendra-3500)
"That's enough torment for now so I'll place this card face down and end my turn," Nezbitt said. I glared and drew my cards.
"Kendra, are you okay?" Duke asked me as Serenity and Tristen looked worried. I nodded.
"Not the worst thing that's happened to me. I play Senior Silver Ninja (2300 ATK, 2200 DEF) in defense mode as well as a card face down. I then play Block Attack," I said.
"Nice effort, but it's time to reveal my face down. Riroku Field. It destroys any magic card that's used on a monster," Nezbitt said. My magic card was gone. I inwardly smirked, now I know he doesn't have a trap waiting for me anymore. I shrugged.
"Oh, that's too bad," I said.
"I play Monster Reborn to bring back Gigatech Wolf. Then I'll sacrifice him to bring forth Machine Kind (2200 ATK, 2000 DEF). Machine, King, attack the females Immortal Bushi!" He ordered. I sighed.
"Looks like you forgot my face down. Activate Spellbinding Circle!" I ordered. His monster was trap. My turn," I said. I drew my cards and smirked. Blue Dragon Ninja and I have Red Dragon Ninja in my hand. Now all I need is Polymerization. "I play Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke (1800 ATK, 1000 DEF) in attack mode then place one card face down (Kunai with Chain) ending my turn," I told him.
"Fine. I activate Card of Sanctity requiring both of us to draw from our decks. Don't stop until you have six cards in your hand. Think of it as recharging your batteries to refresh the game," Nezbitt said. I drew the extra cards and inwardly grinned. Polymerization! Before I knew it, I was hit again by his special ability making me scream.
(Nezbitt-3600, Kendra-3000)
"Kendra!" Duke shouted in worry.
"Kendra, are you okay?" Serenity asked. I stood up shakily.
"Y-yeah...t-that's nothing," I told her.
"I then play this card face down," Nezbitt finished. Good, it's my turn.
"Now you've met your match," I said.
"What do you mean?" Nezbitt asked.
"Duke, I think your girlfriend took a shot to the head," Tristen said.
"Shut up, Tristen!" Duke snapped.
"I think she has a plan," Serenity told them. I smirked as did my White Dragon Ninja.
"You are about to be taken down, Nezbitt! Let's do this, Kendra!" White Dragon Ninja told me. I nodded.
"You got it! I play my Blue Dragon Ninja and Red Dragon Ninja in attack mode. My White Dragon Ninja will now go the center field as well. I will then use Polymerization to fuse them together. I hope you enjoy this as I summon the Evolutionary Elemental Dragon (4000 ATK 2000 DEF)!" I called. It's then a blue and white dragon appeared.
"Wow, it's beautiful," Serenity said in awe.
"I take back the head injury comment," Tristen said. I looked at Duke who sent me a smile. I returned the smile and turned back to Nezbitt.
"Now, it's time to end this. Evolutionary Elemental Dragon, use the attack of the Six Paths! Attack him directly!" I shouted. Six spheres appeared around my dragon, two were red, two were blue, and two were white. His wings widened and blew the balls at him. He lost all his life points then.
"No! I won't leave without a body!" He shouted. It's then I heard Tristen scream. I turned and Tristen was falling.
"TRISTEN!" I shouted. I glared at Nezbitt. "You son of a-what did you do with him?!" I shouted.
"His mind has been digitized and his body is in the holding area waiting to be taken over. You'll all join him soon enough," Nezbitt told us.
"I beat you fair and square! I should turn you into scrap metal!" I growled with tears in my eyes. Nezbitt disappeared and Duke ran over to me as I fell to my knees crying. "This is all my fault..." I whimpered.
"Kendra...what could you have done? You beat him and he didn't follow through with the deal. It's not your fault at all," Duke told me as Serenity walked up. She knelt beside me and grabbed my hand.
"Tristen wouldn't want you to blame yourself, Kendra," she told me. I clenched my other fist and punched the ground.
"Doesn't matter now...all that matters is getting Tristen back...and me kicking that bastard's ass for hurting my friend. No one messes with my friends and gets away with it, "I growled lowly.
"Kendra!" I heard a girl shout. I turned to see Joey, Sera, Yugi, and Tea.
"Joey!" Serenity called. She ran over to her brother and hugged him. Sera ran up to me.
"Kendra, what happened? Are you okay?" She asked me. I shook my head.
"Kendra dueled Nezbitt and he lost. He decided to act like a sore loser and took Tristen," Duke told her. Sera pulled me to her.
"We'll get him back, Kenny. I promise," Sera told me using my old nickname. I just stood up and walked away. I will save you, Tristen. Count on it.
~Sera~
I watched with Duke as Kendra walked off. I placed a hand on Duke's arm.
"Go after her. She'll need the comfort right now," I told him. He nodded and ran after her. Yami appeared by me.
'She blames herself,' he stated. I nodded.
'Yeah. It's almost as bad as when her parents died. She blamed herself then too,' I thought to him.
'I remember you saying she was at the orphanage when you two met...why?' He asked me.
'Her parents were murdered right in front of her. She blamed herself for not being able to do anything. I finally got her out of it after a year at the orphanage. If we can't get Tristen back...it won't be good,' I told him.
'We will get Tristen back and help Kendra. Right now...she needs Duke,' he told me. I nodded to him.
"Come on, guys. We have a friend to save...and my brothers," I told them. They nodded and we got going.
~Kendra~
I was outside at a pier. There must have been something I could have done to save Tristen, but what?
"Kendra," I heard. I looked over my shoulder to see a worried Duke. He walked up and placed his hands on my arms. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked me. I sighed.
"I will be once we save Tristen," I told him. I looked back out at the ocean. Duke wrapped his arms around me.
"We'll get him back, Kendra. I'm making that a promise and when I make a promise, I never break it," he stated. I smiled a little.
"I hope so," I told him. He returned my smile.
"Come on, the others are waiting for us," he told me. I nodded and we made it back to the others.
~Sera~
I smiled as I saw Kendra and Duke walking back to us.
"Poor Tristen," I heard Serenity say.
"Don't worry, the Big Five said they had him in some sort of virtual holding area. We just have to find him before they take control of his body," Yugi told her.
"That's right and his mind will be trapped somewhere in cyber space. We gotta get him back, now!" Joey said. Serenity and Kendra nodded. We got moving and saw Tristen fighting my brother.
"Look, it's Tristen!" Yugi pointed as we ran up.
"And Seto and Mokuba!" I said smiling.
"Yugi! Sera!" Seto gasped. I smile and ran up to my brothers before hugging them.
"Are you two okay?" I asked. Seto nodded at me as Mokuba kept his arms hugging around my waist.
"Tristen, I knew we'd track you down, pal!" Joey said.
"Are you okay?" Serenity asked. I looked at Kendra who seemed relieved that Tristen was okay.
"Why don't you kids run along?" Tristen asked...that's not Tristen's voice.
"Wait a sec, you're not Tristen, you phony!" Duke pointed.
"What're ya talking about?" Joey asked.
"Wait, Joey, I think he's right," Serenity said. I glared as 'Tristen' chuckled.
"Yes, I've taken over your friend's body and now that that's over, I can take care of you!" Tristen said looking at my big brother. Seto was about to attacked until he rolled out of the way grabbing a pole. 'Tristen' flipped the sword out of his hands.
"Why are you doing this?" Seto asked.
"Because you need to pay for what you did to me. Goodbye," 'Tristen' said. I was about to attack until a robot monkey jumped onto 'Tristen's' head. Joey ran up.
"Come back!" Duke called.
"What is that thing?" Yugi asked. 'Tristen' grabbed the monkey and threw it aside. I growled.
"This is getting too weird!" Joey said before he kicked 'Tristen' away. "Take that!" He said as 'Tristen' fell through a wall. The others ran up.
"Joey, it's still his body!" Tea told him. Tea, Serenity, and Kendra went to check on 'Tristen' until he rode out on a motorcycle. He was heading for Seto.
"Seto!" Mokuba and I called. Seto jumped out of the way but 'Tristen' grabbed Mokuba.
"Mokuba!" I called.
"Kaibas, I've taken something from you so we're even now," 'Tristen' said.
"Come back right now!" Seto and I shouted. I nodded to Seto and we found and extra motorcycle. I climbed on behind Seto and he followed 'Tristen'. We soon arrived at a bridge that was broken.
"Sera, hold on!" Seto shouted over the wind. I wrapped my arms around his waist tighter, not enough to hurt him though. He sped up and jumped over the gap. Seto saw something. "Hey, you! Get out of the road!" He shouted. Seto skidded and we both jumped off. The bike exploded and we walked up before hearing laughter.
"So we meet again, Kaibas," the man in a purple trench coat said.
"Who're you?" Seto and I sneered.
"How quickly we forget our old friends," the man chuckled.
"Enough games! Where can we find Mokuba?" Seto glared.
"If you ever want to see that brother of yours again, you'll have to make it passed me. I've been waiting to take you down for a long time," the man said.
"Bring it on," Seto and I said.
"Do you have any idea who you're dealing with?" The man asked.
"Well, now I do. It took me a minute, but I recognize your voice, Leichter," I growled.
"So let's get this duel over with," Seto said as we activated our Duel Disks.
"My sentiments exactly," Leichter snapped his fingers. Cards appeared. "So go ahead and chose your decks from the virtual card data base," he added.
"Gladly," Seto and I said. We both chose our decks.
"Now, chose a monster to act as your Deck Master," Leichter said to us.
"This is a no brainer, Leichter," Seto said for both of us. "I choose Lord of Dragons!"
"And I choose Rainbow Dragon!" I called.
"And I've already taken the form of my Deck Master. Can you tell which monster I've become?" Leichter asked.
"No and quite frankly we don't care, Leichter because crushing you will be a simple task regardless of your Deck Master," Seto stated as I nodded. "So let's begin!"
"It's time to duel as they say," Leichter said.
(Leichter-4000, Seto-4000, Sera-4000)
"Don't expect any curtesy from me. I'll go first, I play one monster in defense mode then I'll place two cards face down and end my turn," Leichter said.
"I summon Spear Dragon (1900 ATK)," Seto summoned.
"You're so confident, aren't you, Mr. Kaiba? Well, go ahead and attack me. My monster is in defense mode so my life points are well protected," Leichter said.
"You're wrong, Leichter. You didn't do your research. Spear Dragon, attack his face down card!" Seto ordered as I smirked.
"You've attacked Hero Shadow Scout (500 ATK) so you must draw three cards and show them to me," Leichter said to my brother.
"So what? You still lose life points even though your monster was in defense mode thanks to my Spear Dragon's special ability. I told you, you didn't do your research," Seto said.
(Leichter-2600, Seto-4000, Sera-4000)
"Well, you have to discard two magic cards you just drew thanks to my monster's special ability," Leichter said as Seto did so.
"My moves not over, I place one card face down," Seto said. I smirked.
"My turn now. I summon Luster Dragon (1900 ATK) in attack mode and then place one card face down ending my turn," I said. I don't want to risk attacking incase those are trap cards.
"Before I take my turn, I'll activate my trap card; Solemn Wishes. Now I'll draw and since my turn has officially begun my life points will increase. That's because my Solemn Wishes trap card boosts my life by 500 points and with every card I draw," Leichter informed.
(Leichter-3100, Seto-4000, Sera-4000)
"Now I play a monster in defense mode and place one card face down on the field. Your move," Leichter told us. Strange, he must see that Seto's Spear Dragon goes into defense mode after it attacks and that it has zero defense points, so why didn't he attack it. As for my Luster Dragon, he knew I'd have a trap waiting so that's why he never attacked. "Is there a problem, Mr. Kaiba? Because I'd appreciate it if you'd make your move so I can finish you and take over one of your bodies."
"In your dreams!" Seto and I glared.
"I summon Giant Germ (1000 ATK). Then I'll switch my Spear Dragon into attack mode. Now Spear Dragon, attack his face down monster!" Seto ordered.
"Not so fast, Seto! Activate trap card; Mask of Perplexity!" Leichter ordered. It's then a mask appeared on Seto's face.
"Seto!" I said worried.
"What is this?! I can hardly see!" Seto shouted.
"That's the idea, now you won't know whose monster you're attacking. Mine, yours, or your sister's!" Leichter told him. I glared.
"You son of a..." I snarled.
"Time for you to attack, Mr. Kaiba, but I doubt you'll be able to see what you're doing," Leichter said.
"Spear Dragon....attack that card!" Seto ordered. 'I want to attack my Giant Germ so I can activate my Crush card. Play along,' Seto thought to me.
'You got it,' I thought back. "Seto, don't!" I shouted.
"Now look and see what you've chosen," Leichter told him as the mask disappeared. "Too bad, Mr. Kaiba. It looks like you've attacked your own monster, Giant Germ," Leichter said. Seto and I smirked.
"That's what I was aiming for, you foolish old man. I had to destroy my Giant Germ so I can activate my all powerful Crush card trap!" Seto told him. Leichter laughed and Seto's card was destroyed.
"It's destroyed!" Seto and I gasped in shock.
"But how? You have the power to destroy traps?" Seto asked. I glared.
"Now I know what monster you are, Leichter. The only monster we know with the power to destroy trap cards!" I said as Leichter removed his purple coat.
"Yes, I am Ginzo and with a monster this powerful as my Deck Master, you don't stand a chance so prepare to lose your body to me as your sister will go to someone else. Forever!" Leichter told us. "I've been waiting for this moment for quite some time, Mr. and Ms. Kaiba. For years I've watched you two rise to power, a power that should have been mine. As your step-father's right hand man I not only helped run Kaiba Corp., I helped raise you both and how did you repay me? By taking everything I've worked so hard to gain!" Leichter said.
"How did we do that, Leichter?" Seto asked.
"I was next in line to run the company 'til you two forced your way to the top. I'll never forgive you for that! I then remembered, Gozaburo gave Seto and me ten million dollars. Seto decided to use it to buy a company who he would order to buy out the company at ten times the amount Seto paid. Seto and I were supposed to pay a hundred million back to our step-father by the end of the year. I was against how Seto was doing it, but if we wanted to stay out of the orphanage, we had to do it. "I helped you both make ten times that money in one day and you got all the credit," Leichter said.
"Well, of course. It was mine and Sera's business skills that earned us that money, Leichter. You just followed orders, that's all you were good for. You never once had your own idea, you could never have run Kaiba Corp.," Seto told him.
"Not only could I, I will. Once I escape to the real world in your body," he replied.
"Not quite, when my Giant Germ was destroyed, it's special ability was activated along with allowing me to summon another one!" Seto said as another Giant Germ appeared.
"You're just delaying your eventual destruction, Mr. Kaiba. Since I've assumed the form of Ginzo, all of your trap cards are useless. And you know as well as I do that no one wins a duel with monsters alone," Leichter. I smirked.
"Ah, but you forgot about magic cards and it's my turn now," I said to him.
"What help will your magic cards be?" Leichter asked me. I chuckled. "What's so funny?!"
"Don't you know my strongest combo?" I asked hinting. He didn't reply, but Seto knew due to his smirk.
"Go for it, little sister," he told me.
"With pleasure. I summon Dark Magician Girl to the field while bringing Rainbow Dragon over as well. Together I'll use Polymerization to create my strongest and most loyal monster; Dark Rainbow Dragon (4500 ATK)! And since you have no monsters and not even traps or other magic cards can stop her, you're finished. You should have learned more about my deck, Leichter. Now Dark Rainbow Dragon, Ultimate Crystallization attack!" I ordered.
"Yes, Sera!" Dark Rainbow Dragon replied before attacking. Leichter lost his life points completely,
"Looks like you won't be leaving cyber space anytime soon," Seto and I smirked. He and I ran up then.
"No, I was so close from escaping this digital dungeon," he muttered.
"Where's Mokuba?" Seto asked.
"You'll never see your brother again, Kaibas. However, I'll be back!" Leichter said before disappearing. Seto and I looked up.
"We're coming, Mokuba!" We shouted knowing Mokuba could hear.