Uncovered

**Salina**

I watched in awe as Dawn stared at the moon, her eyes locked in place as she trembled and shook. She was regaining her memories of long since past. I too had remembered them a long time ago, while we were at the Ferris wheel, the moon helped me uncover my lost memories and that's when I realized I couldn't leave Dawn.

Dawn was my mate. She was far more precious to me then anything in the world, and it's the reason why my feelings for her were beyond compare. It had all made sense, the connection, the feelings for each other that we had not yet explained, the marks on our bodies that symbolized to all other wolves that she was mine, and I was hers. The only thing left in the way was for the final action; a bite to be exact. One single moment of pain could allow us to stay together forever.

Dawn gasped and I looked up, her eyes widened in disbelief of everything she'd just seen. I knew she wanted answers, and I was prepared to tell her, but worried she would not believe me.

"Dawn....you finally remembered." Was all I could conjure, my lips trembled as I prepared for anything she had said.

"Salina,what the hell just happened?" She asked in a worried tone. I didn't know where to begin.

"I guess I should start at the beginning right?..." I shifted, letting my wolf calm down and allowing my human self to regain control. I sighed, unsure of how to start, she continued staring at me; waiting for an answer.

"The beginning would be nice, yes. That is if I trust you long enough to tell it." She answered, a cold tone in her voice. This was probably gonna be the hardest story to ever tell.

"Well, I guess it begins a long time ago. When I was still a child, I was running through the woods playing games and being wild when I came upon a little girl asleep in a meadow. Her beautiful blonde hair was glistening in the sun as she lay there, so still and quiet. Her silk white dress seemed to glow against the green grass. She suddenly opened her eyes and I was frozen as her gorgeous Caribbean blue eyes stared into mine. I had never met a girl like her before, when she got up, she and I talked for hours and played all day; I had never had a friend before and it felt good to have someone to play with. It was near dusk when we had gotten thirsty, so we ran to the river, the cool water would feel good in our dry mouths and empty stomachs. What I had forgotten was that it had rained recently, and the ground was slick." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I was running behind her when she fell, the river had swept her away and there was nothing I could do for her, especially since I was so little. But I followed her, hoping that maybe my mother or someone would hear my cries for help and come, but nobody showed up. So I dove in, unsure of how to get to her or pull her from the current, I just wanted to be with her. Finally I grabbed her dress and pulled her to me, she was alive but scared witless. I grabbed ahold of a boulder in the water and pulled us ashore. We had come very far from the woods and were now in a creek near the town, the villagers heard her cries for help even though I pleaded for her not to scream. The humans would know who I was as soon as the look of me, they would have killed me on sight. She kept on screaming and that's when the humans arrived; they saw me and her covered in mud and dirt. They yelled "monster! Demon!" It scared me so much that I shifted accidentally." I sighed. I didn't want to continue this story, but Dawn needed to know.

"Everyone around me gasped and I howled for my mother. The humans came closer to us, they grabbed the girl and began pushing me back to the water. That's when my mother arrived, along with five others of the pack. She picked me up and ran as fast as she could. The humans shot their guns, getting close to their targets but missing by inches. We could've died that day, but what was worse was that I let humans know werewolves existed."

After that day, I was not allowed off the grounds, I was to forget everything about the humans and their guns, and the only friend I ever had." I lowered my eyes as the past began to flood my mind with tepee memories I had lost so long ago. I had never meant to hide anything, I had never meant to forget her face. But now she was with me again and that's all that mattered.

" I don't understand, if the girl was taken back by the humans of that village, how do I come into this?" She stared at the ground as if it had the answers.

"That little girl...was you, Dawn." I looked at her while I spoke, hoping that if she thought my words were lies, she could see in my eyes it was all true.

"Dawn please, you must believe me. You and I played together as kids, we were best friends once. Why do you think we are so comfortable together even though we only met? Why didn't you freak out when you found out I was a werewolf? Why do the marks on our bodies fit into each other's like a puzzle piece?" She stared at me, then spoke

"I just figured that's how I normally was. I mean, I never really like people besides Amber, and so meeting you and connecting was just an excuse to not seem like a jerk. I mean yeah I may have sorta kinda noticed that your marks fit into mine when you were naked in my living room," she blushed as the memory reoccurred "but I just thought that was just normal. Nothing like this."

I could see in her eyes she didn't believe me, she didn't want to believe me, but I had to make her believe! "Dawn please! You must--" My voice was interrupted by growling, hateful eyes began to glow as the wolves surrounded us.

"Salina!" Dawn ran to me but was stopped abruptly when a large silver blade came to her throat,

"Now now, let's not make a ruckus. The Alpha is waiting Salina, we must not keep him waiting." Bron growled, pulling Dawn closer.

I growled in response to his motive but held back, Dawn was my first priority. "Now, I think we've wasted enough time playing games, let's move! Oh and Salina dear, please don't make any rash decisions, we wouldn't want anything to happen to our guest." He laughed as he shifted, allowing Dawn upon his back while doing so.
Sasha joined her and held the knife to her stomach "make one move and your dead bitch!" Her cold eyes glared at me as she smiled. Wolves surrounded me and bound my arms. One of the werewolves came and tied a rope around my throat, tying it to two other wolves.

"I'm in deep shit now..."