Silver Knight

**Dawn**

"My body is growing hot. What the hell just happened? One minute Lucas was standing there with his jaw incased in my shoulder, and the next thing I know I'm on Salina's back" I felt her black fur tangled in my fingers as I held on for dear life. She was running faster then I had ever seen her run.
Memories of the recent past began to fill my mind. It was Lucas Steele, my very own boss, that was trying to have Salina force marry him. I had discovered it while sneaking around the mansion with Damien, I found out about everything. How long he had been in reign of this lack, how Salina had come to be the next alpha female, and even how she felt about me. Yes I had heard that too, how I a human and how I was weak like a pup. A pup! Grrrrrr that man enraged me! My nails became longer, and my teeth became sharper as I let the anger inside consume me. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Dawn just hold it in! Keep calm and just keep it under control. We need to find a place that's safe enough for your change." Salina said, trying to calm me down. "Y-you said change...what do you mean?" Something didn't feel right. "When Lucas bit you, he was in his wolf form. That means you'll become a werewolf as well. But that's only if the change goes through correctly. In some cases a human can't become a werewolf. I just pray your as different as I hope you are." She kept her head forward as she spoke to me. Her words seemed harsh, yet comforting.

I noticed the trees seemed faintly familiar, but it was hard to tell with my eyes being fuzzy. My grew just kept growing hotter, my eyes began to see in the darkness at distances no normal human could possibly see! My nails were growing and getting sharper. My teeth were growing as well. My hair seemed to turn a grayish color, "what the hell? What's happening to me?!"
Salina kept running as fats as her legs could carry her. I am thankful I have such a kind and caring mate...mate? Oh god I really am a werewolf! "Just a little longer Dawn! Just hold on!' I grunted in agreement and tried to control my urges to change, even though my control on anything was fading away. My heart was beating faster, and my mind was becoming number. Salina took a few rights and lefts, ducking under trees and leaping over logs. Then she suddenly stopped. I looked to see why she had stopped and found myself gasping in all the glory of the field she had taken me to earlier. The flowers were in full bloom, and they were beautiful! "You should be able to use the moon's power to help the change. That is why I brought you here again." Salina said, her words seemed to calm me down.

I hopped off her back, grunting as I landed on the hard ground. I walked to the center of the field and laid down, unable to control the urge to close my eyes and allow myself to let the animal now forming within to take over. "This is it," I thought "no going back now. I'm sorry Amber." A silent tear streamed down my face as the first wave of pain and agony overwhelmed me. I screamed and it echoed against the trees and into the night; my body felt like it was on fire and I had no control over it any longer. The wolf within roared and howled as it came from the depths of my soul. I could smell better, hear more, see into the darkness of night. I was a wolf!

I looked at Salina once the change was over. My fur was a beautiful shiny silver, and my eyes remained my natural blue tone. I was smaller then Salina, but none the less unique. Her black fur clashed with my silver as she licked my face, and rubbed her head into my neck. "Dawn...your beautiful." I gave a wolffish grin and licked her face as a way to kiss her check. I was now a werewolf, and I was proud of it!
"Well well well, sorry to cut the reunion of a new werewolf to our pack so shortly but...I believe we have business to attend to Salina." We turned suddenly, the voice of Lucas had almost made us jump out of our fur. We watched him approach closer, other werewolves surrounded the field. We had no way out.

"Salina, stay behind me." "But Dawn! He'll kill--" "SILENCE! I said can do this. Please, trust me...just this once, trust me." I walked forward, meeting Lucas face to face. He was much larger then I was. But none the less hideous. "Well, Ms. Knight. This will be our last confrontation. I will surely miss your coffee." He smirked at me. At me! Oh this bitch just drew his last straw! "Don't treat me like a pup! I'm more then a challenge for you!" I yelled "while roaming around your mansion I discovered a book all about your culture. That includes the acts of when one wolf tries to claim a wolf that is not his mate..." I smiled. "Why you stupid bit--" I interrupted him once more "I CHALLENGE YOU LUCAS STEELE! To a fight til the death for my mate, Salina Casterwill. If any of us should back down and surrender, we will be killed on sight with no mercy." I yelled to him. Puffing up my chest as I did so, I would not back down to a false alpha.

At first all Lucas did was glare at me, then he slowly trudged forward. All the other wolves held their heads down in silence. The challenge for one's mate was a sacred heritage in werewolf mythology, and if one wolf were to try and take the mate of another, they had full privilege to challenge his offender to a fight til death. It was true that if either side should back down and surrender, they would still be killed by any other pack members. Knowing Lucas he'd do all he could to avoid a confrontation with me. But the end would still be the same.
"Alright wench...let's get started."