Enemies Territory

**Dawn**

Bron's fur was rough and dirty, his pitch black coat seemed to tear into my legs as my shorts made no protection for them. Sasha's blade was at my stomach and I dared not move, one flinch and all my blood and organs would be on Bron. I looked behind me and saw Salina still tied to the wolves behind us, her legs were cloaked in mud and dirt, her new jeans dirtied and her tank top drenched in sweat, she looked terrible.

The moon lit up the path ahead of us, we were far from town or any civilization for that fact. The woods seemed to have grown darker as we kept pushing on, we had been walking for about three hours. The stench of wet wolves intoxicated my nose and I did what I could to hold in my food from earlier in the night. "Where the hell are they taking us? And what's gonna happen to Salina? Bron said something about a mate, does he mean the Alpha wants Salina as his mate?" I tried to think of anything that would help me get answers, but I was too scared to speak. I didn't know too much about werewolf mythology, except the things Salina talked to me about, with that thought I realized I barely knew anything about her at all.
It hurt me inside to know she was probably going to be taken away from me, to know someone else would try and claim her....wait....did I just say claim?! Oh god I'm talking like a werewolf. I need to stop hanging with these guys or I just might become one of them.

Howling was heard in front of us and I jumped, Sasha pressed the blade harder against my stomach and whispered, "make one move sweetheart,and your all mine." She smiled while licking her lips, I just kept my eyes forward. Three wolves came out of the shadows, approaching us at a slow pace, probably worried about the newcomers. They nodded forward and Bron took his que to follow.
We came upon a large plantation of buildings, some here and some there. Some big and some little, but all around there were werewolves, and they all were wearing a strange collar. At the edge of the field was a mansion; 4 stories tall and as wide as a football field, it made my mouth drop. Finally we stopped near the gates leading into the area and one of the wolves, a tall musky brown wolf, began to speak "Bron, why do you bring a human and not Salina? The Alpha has been growing impatient with your failed attempts at bringing his mate to the Alpha House, do you return again empty handed?" His sneer showed he must've been close to the Alpha, or at least top "dog" in these parts.

"My dear Cain, this human is our humble guest for the evening, or insurance so to speak. But I come with another prize, one to surely make our Alpha happy. Come forward with our Alpha's mate." Bron's voice was cold and hard as we watched the other wolves bring Salina to the front, her head down and eyes lowered to the ground. Her once beautiful tan skin was now covered in dirt, and those silver eyes that had caught my heart had now been filled with tears and despair.

My eyes began to fill with their own tears as I watched her trudge past us, Salina's legs torn and scratched from walking many miles, her clothes dampened and dirtied. Cain, the musky wolf, came forward and let himself shift to a human figure. His eyes were like hazel and his skin was stone white. His dark brown hair seemed to be buzz cut that made his tribal tattoos on his body pop. I'll admit it suited him well but, the tattoos seemed awfully familiar.

"Salina Casterwill, we finally meet. I've heard a lot about you," turning to the wolves behind him he spoke, "The Alpha is preparing for dinner, wash and dress the girl and have her ready for his presence. I'll be there shortly." Cain ordered them, and they followed his orders with no questions. The wolves behind him shifted and there in the wolves place were two young girls, one had long wavy brown hair and fair skin, and the other was shorter then the first girl, but her figure and hair style till the same; twins!? Giving my best guesstimate was that they were servants, but they were only teenagers!

Taking the rope off of Salina, they grabbed her arms and lead her towards the house, I took notice that many other houses surrounded the territory. But why? This made no sense to me, even if I was human. Cain turned to Bron and me and I froze in place. Even Sasha's knife didn't scare me besides Cain's stare. His hazel eyes seemed to stare into my soul as he began to speak to Bron. "What do we do with the human?" He grinned, walking towards me. He grabbed my jaw and looked my face over, as if to see if I was of any value. "She might be good for work, even if she's a human. What do you think Bron?"
"Well she might be good at work, but she could be used for something more time consuming, if you get my drift." Bron said. He gave a yip to Sasha and she hopped off his back, while on the ground she helped me off. "I get your drift, Bron, and I wouldn't mind teaching this little mink a thing or two." She said, her eyes glowing in desire. Bron shifted, his human form was more muscular then that of Cain's, but I still feared them. Without Salina around, I felt helpless and weak compared to these werewolves.

"Even if that would be fun, I think we should put her in the stockades until the Alpha gives further notice. I wouldn't wanna piss him off, now of all times." Cain glared at me, but summoned two more werewolves, turned human, to escort me. "Take the human to the stockades. Give her food and water, that's all." Cain ordered. I panicked, Salina wasn't around and I was alone, I began to yell "What the hell do you think your doing? Get your fucking hands off of me!" I kicked one wolf, then punched the other. My blood began to boil and I threw more swings, my energy increasing. I turned and saw Cain, now back in his wolf form, his eyes glowed red and his musky fur blended with the dark forests landscape.
He lunged at me and I dodged, I was determined to not give up. Salina needed me, and I was not about to let her down. I threw another punch, and another, and another. But all hits were a miss. He was fast for someone so big. When I went to strike again, a large body collided with mine and I landed on the cold ground, my head hit a rock, then all was black.

****

The floor was cold and chains rattled, voices were whispering, but all was dark. I slowly opened my eyes, everything seemed blurry at first, but I soon gained focus. Taking a look around the area, I suspected we were in a basement, a very large one. Soon shadows of people began to form, the figures all stood around me, trying to talk to me but my words didn't seem to form. "W-w-who are you?" I finally asked. One figure, a tall than man that looked to be 17, his eyes hazel eyes and soft face came into complete focus and I stared wide eyed at him. "Damien!..." I called out, moving to my feet as fast I could I suddenly fell down, my head banging in complaint from my earlier injury.

"My name is Damien, I think we've met before?" He smiled at me and I took in more of his features more, his face and eyes somewhat resembled that of Salina's gorgeous face. "Yeah,your hr younger brother right? And I remember you were with Bron when those werewolves ambushed us!" I recalled the memory of his leg being bitten by Salina and my blood began to boil. This man, this boy, was the reason they captured us in the first place!
I got up and charged him, I swung and I got one hit into the left side of his face. It made the adrenaline in me increase and I swung again, this time he caught my fist and I was left standing there struggling against his strength. Damien spoke to me like I was a child "Alright fancy pants, calm down. Let me explain-" "there is nothing to explain!" I yelled "you betrayed your pack, you betrayed your family, and you betrayed Salina! Now she's with some Alpha and she'll be taken away from me forever, and it's all your fault!" I was able to wriggle my fist free from his strong hand and swung as hard as I could. My fist collided with the bottom of his jaw and it sent him flying backwards.

He landed on his back and when his head hit the ground, it smacked against the concrete and echoed through the small area we were contained in. He was left there standing, panting, making sure I could calm down and let the adrenaline run out of my system. Damien slowly began to rise to his feet and stand before me.
He was much taller then me, he must've been around 5'12 because I was only 5'8 and he seemed to tower over me. He grew angry, but spoke in a gentle tone "Alright look here Dawn, I never had wanted to betray anyone. But I would've been killed if I hadn't followed his orders, please try and understand, I love my sister! But if I were to die, then there would be no way for anyone to escape." I nodded my head while listening to him. "The Alpha is nothing less then a savage brute who had no respect for the werewolf culture. He is trying to create a new era of werewolves, he wants to eliminate all humanity, maybe even turn humans into werewolves."

He dropped his eyes to the ground as if he was feeling guilt deep within himself. Never in my life have I thought that my life could be taken away so easily. This was terrifying news to me, and with that thought, I actually believed Damien's story. If I couldn't believe him, then I might not be able to save Salina, and that alone made my heart break.

Looking at Damien, I spoke "Alright Damien, what's the plan? Cause I know for sure as hell I ain't letting that Alpha take Salina from me." He winked and then whistled. Many other werewolves began to emerge from the shadows of our prison, all with the same destination on their creative minds. We needed a plan, because in the next 24 hours, this Alpha....was going down!