Her words are like bullets aimed at my heart.

Joel's POV

Oli had his hand on the doornob of the closet. He opens it agonisingly slowly. He looks inside then turns to me in anger.
"Where the hell is she?"
I keep my calm even though I have no idea where Lizzie had gone. I told her to go into the closet right?
"I told you, she is in America." I lie once again.
"Fine! But I will be back!" He replies in frustration. He walks out the door making sure to slam it shut behind him. Once I am sure he is far away I get off the bed and towards the closet. Where is Lizzie? All of a sudden, the back of the closet opens like a door and Lizzie's pink hair pops through.
"Lizzie?"
"Joel... Joel I was so scared. I didn't know the back opened."
Her face is flushed white. She shows me. If you push the right side of the back, the door opens and it leads to a very small space. The room smells and there are just a bunch of boxes everywhere. Lizzie shows me how she was hidden. She hid herself behind a stack of boxes near the back.
"At one point, I saw a spider and I nearly screamed." She laughs slightly but her eyes still show no emotions.
"I'm glad you didn't." I shrug. "I am so happy you are alright."
"I am not alright Joel. Can't you see the bags under my eyes? I can't sleep! Yesterday, when you left, I was shaking with fear! My life is ruined because of this person. I can't live like this anymore! I just can't Joel... I can't." Her legs wobble and she falls to her knees. She puts her head between hands and starts sobbing.
"Lizzie you can't mean that. We will avoid him. I won't let him hurt you. I promise. Don't cry Lizzie... Don't cry. "

I carry her to bed. And cuddle around her. We sleep peacefully until dawn.
I wake up before Lizzie so I sneak out of the room being really careful not to wake her up. I go to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Above the loud toaster, I heard a noise. Someone screaming. I rush to the bedroom. What that Lizzie? Yes. I find her sitting on the bed hugging a pillow and panting uncontrollably.
"Lizzie..."
"I had a nightmare. I'm sorry. I was so scared. You weren't next to me when I woke up." I crawl on the bed and give her a hug.
"It's okay, I am here, you are safe. It was just a dream..." I try to comfort her but fail miserably.
"I am not safe Joel! You know that! Stop telling me everything is fine, its clearly not!" I ignore her snap at me.
"What do you want for breakfast?"
"Nothing."
"You need to eat."
"No I don't Joel! Stop worrying so much!" Her words are like bullets aimed right at my heart.
"Sorry." I mutter, clearly hurt. "I have to leave, I'll be back in about 1 hour okay?"
She nods. Her face is still so emotionless. Like a robot. She scares me.
I still love her, more than I'll ever love anyone else but I worry about her.

Hopefully marrying her will make her realise how much I care about her.
I go to pick up the ring. It is exactly like I wanted it to be. The ruby is virbant red. Which goes very well with the silver details on either side of it. It is beautiful. I am sure she will love it.

*Thank you for the support on this story❤🤞 I love you all byyyye🖤*