Happy, optimistic person

I drive back in a hurry, excited to propose to Lizzie. While driving back, I think back at how we met, and all our happy moments together.
If I didn't go to the woods that day, I don't know where Lizzie would be right now. Not living with me, that's for sure. I remember seeing her on that stupid chair, her hands tied up. The thought of it only makes me want to cry.
We loved watching movies together, cuddling on the couch. She would kiss me for no reason. We were so happy. What happened? Why is Lizzie not the happy, optimistic person she was a few months ago? I remember when I called her babe at Starbucks and she got upset.
She's so cute. I really hope marrying her will make everything better. I love her. I want her to be happy.
I am nearly home. Nearly able to see Lizzie again.
Her pink hair, her adorable nose, her big blue eyes, her pink lips. She's perfect. I put the ring in the box I bought and put the box in my pocket. I open the front door.
"Lizzie!" I call. No reply.
"Lizzie!" I shout again, slightly anxious now. I look in all the rooms on the first floor but there is no sign of Lizzie. I go up the stairs. Barely able to contain my excitement. I think about the wedding, all the people cheering for our everlasting love. She will walk down the aisle. Looking like a dream. I would wait to kiss her. It will be perfect.
I call again:
"Elizabeth!" I enter our bedroom but there is no one. Maybe she wants to scare me by hiding in the secret room. I open it like she showed me. The room is very dark but I can see it very clearly. A female figure is hanging from the ceiling. Her neck is tied to a rope. The light from our bedroom enters the room and illuminates a strand of her pink, cotton candy hair.
Her body lies, lifeless from the rope attached to the ceiling.
"Lizzie..." I whisper to no one.
I refuse to believe it. This cannot be happening. I was going to marry her. She was mine.
A sudden though makes me tie her down. Maybe she is still alive... I untie the rope from her neck and hug her body, listening for a pulse. There is none. Nothing. Just the sound of my own breathing.
This is not real. I will wake up and Lizzie will be alright. I squeeze my eyes shut and repeat the same phrase over and over in my head.
Please be a dream, please be a dream, please be a dream. I open them. I am still standing in the secret room, holding Lizzie. A single tear rolls down my cheek. I fall down on my knees, emotionless. The box falls out of my pocket and opens. The ring falls onto the ground. That single moment made me lose hope. She's gone. She's never coming back.
Did she leave a note? I look around and a single piece of paper catches my attention. I pick it up with trembling fingers. My heart is beating out of my chest. On the note are two words written in a rushed, trembling handwriting.

"Blame Oli."

Dont forget to vote if you like this story!