☤five

soft music played in the large room as jimin lazily scribbled seemingly nothing but lines on a piece of paper with his crayon. he wasn't allowed to have a pen or even a colored pencil because of what happened. they didn't want to give him anything with a pointed tip.

they called this place the 'time off room'. if you were good for the day then they sent you to a large room filled with things to do and other patients. of course there were also guards as well, but they were only there to make sure no one started acting up. it was as if they were teachers watching untrustworthy kids during playtime in a daycare- and that's basically exactly what it was.

"what are you drawling?" a male with red hair looked over his shoulder to see what the blonde boy was coloring. he frowned as he saw the random scribbles he had created with the black crayon. "you're bad at this, it's not very creative."

"it's not supposed to be." jimin sighed, not bothering to stop the male as he took a seat beside him.

"i haven't seen you around here before, are you new?"

"yes." he spoke with a tone lacking any sense of expression, it was just monotone.

it was currently two days after he had passed out and gotten his cast. for the time being he had to wear a sling in the room so no one or nothing would accidentally hit it. jimin was a very sweet boy for the most part, he always had been, but he was getting hopeless and discouraged knowing no one was going to do anything about the problems he was telling them, so while he wasn't trying to be rude, he just didn't feel like being friendly.

the red haired male looked at him again, waiting for him to continue. noticing that it wasn't going to happen, he put on his best smile and put out his hand in a friendly matter. "my name is jung hoseok. what's yours?"

jimin didn't respond as he continued on making lines. he didn't come here to talk to patients, all he wanted was for the psychiatrist to help him. if even that wasn't going to happen, then he might as well not even bother pretending as though he was okay with staying here in a place that was essentially just wasting his time.

"hello?" hoseok clapped in front of jimin's face to try and get his attention. "can you hear me?"

"yes."

"you're weird." the red haired male sighed. "do you not want to talk to me?"

"no."

"but-"

"no."

"you're really mean. what's wrong with you?"

"apparently nothing."

hoseok studied jimin's face for a moment before tearing his gaze back to his scribbles. in a way he felt bad. he was sad the male didn't want to talk with him, but he was also sad that the boy seemed upset.

"i have this thing called peper land- no, peter man syndrome." hoseok spoke, not so sure of his words himself. "or was it peter pan? i don't know."

jimin ignored him, continuing to press down harshly on the paper with the black crayon in his hand. he was getting a headache and he really just wanted to be able to go back to his room. he just wanted to leave this place.

the sooner he got out, the sooner he could take care of his problems himself. the same way he tried to last time. only this time, no one would be able to stop him. he would make sure of that.

"can't you talk to me at least? i thought we were becoming friends."

"jimin made a friend!"

"he's going to hurt you."

"he's going to kill him."

the terrified voices began whispering all around him out of nowhere. the blood in jimin's body froze.

water pooled into the blonde's eyes as the crayon fell from his shaking hand.

"no, no, no."

"what are you saying?" hoseok questioned, not able to fully hear what the younger male was whispering.

"wah!"

"no!" jimin screamed as soon as the figures he couldn't see started to cry. "no! he's coming!"

a guard ran over to their table, worried and alarmed. he looked at the boy holding his head to the other male watching him strangely. "what happened?"

"i don't know." hoseok honestly spoke, not understanding what was going on.

"are you okay?" the guard asked softly as he crouched down to jimin's height since he was still sitting down on the chair. "who's coming?"

"jungkook!"

the grey haired male that had snuck into the room just moments prior stared at the blonde sadly. taehyung was worried and wanted to see how he would act around other people, but he wasn't expecting for an episode to start. he watched jimin cry, trying to push out of his sling to cover his ears from all the whines and wails only he could hear. taehyung didn't understand how no one else believed him.

"i don't think anyone here is named jungkook." the guard reassured him, looking at the other patients watching the scene questioningly.

and just like a switch, jimin stopped screaming and his arms holding his head fell limp at his sides. taehyung was worried he had passed out, so he stepped up towards him.

"i'll take care of him." he spoke up to the guard.

the guard moved out of the way, looking at the therapist he's known of ever since he started working at the mental hospital. "is that okay with namjoon and seokjin?"

"yeah, they said it was fine." he lied, walking closer to the male.

"hey, you're okay!" hoseok grinned as jimin picked up his head and looked over at him. "i was worried! you started acting weird after i talked about us being friends."

taehyung was about to place his hand on jimin's shoulder, but the male suddenly stood up and lunged himself at the other patient. jimin straddled his waist as his hands wrapped around hoseok's throat, even the one with the cast on it somehow. he squeezed tightly, making the male start to try and remove his hold.

"jimin!" taehyung screamed trying to pry the small male away.

all the guards in the room joined in, trying to separate the two. when they finally managed to pull jimin away from the choking male gasping for air, he glared at him in sheer anger.

"if you ever even look at him again, i'll kill you." he growled, voice growing deeper with every syllable. "you're not allowed to be friends with him. no one is."

taehyung pulled the male out of the guards grips, shoving his head into his chest and holding on to him tightly. "please calm down, everything will be okay if you do." jimin's hands tightly held the back of his shirt's material before slowly loosening to a shaky grip.

jimin looked over at the boy being taken care of by some of the other guards with tears racing down his cheeks. "i'm so sorry."

he didn't want him to get hurt, but he had no control over jungkook.