☤six

"it'll be okay." taehyung sat in the boy's room on top of his bed as he soothed his back.

normally he would be allowed to enter alone, but because of what just happened, a guard was in there as well just in case jimin turned violent. the grey haired therapist held him tightly, trying to get him to remember to breathe. jimin was shaking in his arms, but he wasn't crying anymore. he was at first, but then the numbness took over as usual.

whenever jungkook did something wrong, jimin could only feel sad about it for so long. eventually, all he could feel was nothing. even the fear went away after some time.

it was like his emotions after something bad happens are on a stop watch. as soon as it runs out of time he stops feeling everything. as soon as the clock stopped ticking down he became a sociopath. unable to feel a thing.

"jimin please just do something." taehyung whispered panicked, wanting the male to respond to his touches or at least move in the slightest way. "i'm so worried about you."

"liar."

a black figure in the corner spoke to another one next to it, most words incoherent except for that one. it couldn't accept the fact that someone cared about jimin. it wanted to make sure jimin knew it wasn't true.

footsteps were heard outside of the room before the big metal door opened. jimin could hear the sound of someone walking in, but he didn't care.

"taehyung," the familiar deep voice called out to the therapist. "leave."

the grey haired man held on to the boy tighter, not trusting the other with him. "no namjoon! i'm not just going to leave so you can throw him in one of the confinement rooms where he'd be alone with himself! it's too dangerous!"

"it's not my choice, tae, he tried to kill another patient."

three guards stepped in the room behind the psychiatrist, giving taehyung a warning gaze. they walked to the bed, removing the basically limp blonde from the man's grips. taehyung tried to grab his small non-injured arm to pull him back, but they blocked him from doing so.

the guards held onto his soft white and blue hospital outfit securely, having to forcefully hold him instead of just putting him in a restraint because of his broken wrist. naturally they weren't doing it to hurt him, it was just protocol when dealing with 'dangerous' patients.

"please!" taehyung stood up to stop them, but was pushed back by namjoon.

"it's out of our hands." the man spoke sternly, not liking having to do this either. "he'll be in confinement for eighteen hours, it'll probably be good for him."

jimin looked down. he didn't want to be in confinement for hurting someone. he didn't even want to hurt hoseok in the first place. it wasn't his fault it happened.

"how is locking him up with them good for him?! you're putting him in a lions den right now namjoon, can't you see that?! jungkook can do whatever he wants to him in there!"

"he's not real, taehyung! where's your professionalism?" the two once close friends yelled at each other. "what do you want me to do for you to just leave him alone?!"

"another test! please..." taehyung whispered when he saw the geared up guards shove down jimin's hand when he lifted it up to move his fringe out of his eyes. "just one more test."

namjoon looked at the boy. his eyes weren't visible because of the hair in front of them, but the rest of his face was completely void of emotion. it was so neutral compared to the last time he had seen him that it was unsettling.

whether or not namjoon believed that jimin's mental state was okay or not, he knew something was off. hurting himself for attention made sense, but not intentionally trying to kill another person out of cold blood. it could be his depression making him feel completely hopeless and angry, but it was still too off to rule it as that.

"one test."

taehyung looked up at the man in surprise, eyes blinking in shock. "really?"

"if it comes back with anything he won't have to go and i'll start figuring out the treatments immediately."

the grey haired male grinned at the psychiatrist's words, happy he's finally giving him a chance.

"however," namjoon continued before the other could get too excited. "if i don't find anything other than his depression when i test him, he's going to confinement and you're no longer allowed to interfere with him anymore."

"fine," taehyung immediately agreed. "anything as long as he doesn't have to be trapped in there with his mind."

namjoon walked away from the therapist, joining the guards that were waiting for him with jimin. the blonde haired male stared down at the white flooring, his eyes glazed over as if he was bored or tired. "we're bringing him for another test first."

taehyung watched as they all took off, the eighteen year old slowly dragging his feet with every step. a frown took over the man's face as he finally let out a breath he had been holding in and sat down on jimin's bed in the plain room. his long fingers went to his hair where they tugged at his dyed locks, not knowing what to do.

he agreed and wanted to do the deal because there wasn't any other choice. it was either that or confinement and he knew he couldn't willingly let them put him in there. yet now, he was so frustrated.

he knew jimin wasn't okay, but he also was worried he may have messed everything up. he was the only one who believed jimin. if he couldn't be there for him anymore, then he would have no one.