☤twenty nine

trigger warning: violent depictions of triggering events

jimin looked back at the retreating back of the man whom he had just spoken to. he was too focused on the figure completely disappearing into the darkness of the hallway to notice the person taking fast pointed steps directly towards him. a hand reached out to grab his wrist the way he thought the other man's was going to earlier. harsh and painfully; the way he was used to.

jimin's soft brown eyes looked straight up at the body towering over him, not knowing how to react after the conversation he just had. jimin's eyes watered, his lips falling from their surprised gasp to a pained pout, staring directly into the new being's assertive gaze. "jimin." the brunette man called out to him, his hold and stare firm and demanding, but voice low and smooth.

"what?"

jungkook's eyes narrowed at the short tone in the smaller boy's voice, the usually exhausted, scared tune being curt and annoyed. it was as if he was bothering him now after that talk with the blue haired stranger. "what are you thinking?" though his whole demeaner was as cruel as ever, jungkook had a way with comforting jimin, whether he liked it or not.

the rough grip on his small wrist was released as jimin slipped out of jungkook's hold, but the taller was quick to shove him against the wall of the hallway, caging him in with his strong arms. once again jimin could feel that oh so hated crawling of his skin, his body sinking against the wall to create as much space from the other man as he could. he stayed quiet for a moment, thinking back to the not-so-strange stranger's words. he had acted like this would be his final goodbye. as if he had shown up simply knowing this would be his last chance to say these words to jimin.

the nineteen year old looked up at jungkook shakily, pressing his hand against his hard chest to try and push him out of the way, but it didn't work. the man looked down at him seemingly patiently, but he couldn't help but flinch at the way his hands turned to fists on either side of him as he waited for an answer.

"get off of me." he didn't want to, but jungkook could feel the stability of jimin's mental state start to slip back into that numbness he was feeling before the blue haired boy talked with him. it wasn't a good sign.

unwillingly, the brunette pushed himself off of the wall, standing straight with his hands hanging freely at his sides, but stayed hovering over jimin. he knew what jimin was planning. he knew all about his intentions. he always did. right now was unfortunately not the time for violence. he had to lie. he had to make jimin feel good again. good enough not to do something rash at least.

if he had it his way he'd be cutting into his thin flesh at this very moment, holding the small boy down and doing whatever torturous fun popped into his head. his fingers itched with the need to wrap themselves around his small neck until he was on the verge of death, never actually letting him meet that sweet demise however. 

this was jimin's curse. a curse he had put on himself. a curse he was born with. 

jungkook's tongue darted out to lick his lips as he stared down at jimin's fidgeting figure. he wanted to shove him to the ground and devour him. he wanted to enter inside him uninvited until he was vomiting from the pain. he wanted to rip his veins open with his bare hands until there was almost no blood left in his body to keep his organs working. jungkook would do anything to be able to eat away the young man's life just as he always did, time and time again, but now just wasn't the time.

"i'm tired." 

the weak voice was almost inaudible, but the taller was able to catch it. "you're not tired."

jimin looked up at the man he feared so much for so long, the indifference he was feeling all of today making the anxiety he usually felt for jungkook lessen if even a little. he was always afraid of him. he had no doubt he always would be no matter how much courage he felt in certain moments, but at least he could actually speak to him right now.

"i am tired." he fought back, giving the other a disgusted look. "i'm tired of you. i'm tired of those shadows. i'm tired of all of you."

"you chose this, jimin." long arms wrapped around the small boy's waist, purposely pressing into the cuts covering his abdomen. "you're the one who created all of us." jungkook leaned in towards the boy's neck pressing a sweet kiss against the skin there. his freezing thumb rubbed jimin's broken skin carefully as he kissed up to his ear. "you're the one doing this to yourself, crazy. you should be thanking me."

every action sent chills up jimin's spine in the worst way. he hated the way his heart always picked up around jungkook during these times, but he had no control over it. luckily though, he still had his common sense. enough common sense to feel bile rising up in his throat the more jungkook attended to him in this caring persona. he hated him.

"thanking you for what exactly? you fucking monster." venom dripped off every word, showing just how much jimin meant them.

"i got you out of that hospital just like you wanted, and yet here you are being so cruel to me."

images of jungkook shoving himself unprepared and unwanted into jimin's unwelcoming body played back in the nineteen year old's mind. the scars and cuts he'd never be able to get rid of burned on his body as if playing back the pain of when they occurred. the mental damage of all the pain and agony jungkook has caused to others around jimin also came up. he caused him everything bad in life and yet he was cruel?

maybe that was true. maybe jimin was cruel. cruel to himself. jimin was the whole reason he was here right now after all. the whole reason this beast hidden in the image of a man even existed. this was all his fault.

"i can't deal with you anymore! any of you!" jimin yelled at the top of his lungs shoving jungkook so hard that the usually unfazed man actually for once staggered from the force.

as fast as he could, the young man took off. he sprinted as quick as his squeaky shoes could carry him up the unsteady stairs. he had to get up to the rooftop and fast. he couldn't take another moment of this.

the dazed brunette man watched him carefully, the same as a starving predator would watch their injured prey. he was a hungry snake and jimin was a fleeing mouse. he stayed still, fixated on the boy running up the staircase with a dangerous smile. this was the moment where the predator allowed it's scurrying prey a chance to escape. the prey of course wouldn't be able to outrun its hunter, but it was always fun to let them gain a little bit of hope before the chase.