☤seven

as soon as taehyung started to get his hopes up, things turned for the worst.

namjoon and his partner for the tests had once again scanned park jimin's brain, this time focusing on the prefrontal cortex and basal ganglia. he just really wanted to narrow it down fully to clear out the idea of potential schizophrenia, and the test came back with nothing wrong. it wasn't like they had messed with the results either- they weren't forged.

jimin waited for the psychiatrist to say something to him as he nervously swung his legs back and forth in the chair. it was kind of like a coping method for when he was feeling apprehensive.

"nothing's even the slightest bit off." the man's partner whispered out of ear shot from the blonde.

"even his depression isn't showing up anymore. the cortisol levels are back to normal. if anything, he should have even more chemical imbalance. i don't understand." the tall man quietly spoke back.

never in their time doing tests had they ever seen someone get better mentally while doing worse physically. usually change occurs when they start controlling themselves more.

"it says his depression is completely cleared, that's all we're holding him here for isn't it? does that mean the facility will have to release him?"

"i think so," namjoon ran his hands through his hair, roughly tugging at the strands. he was completely frustrated at this point. nothing made sense about jimin from the beginning. "as soon as they're sure he won't hurt someone else they'll have to. he admitted himself in here after his suicide attempt, so it's not like they can ask someone for permission to have him stay longer."

the man looked over at jimin who was watching them curiously, not understanding why they seemed to be so torn.

"jimin, can i ask you something?" namjoon tried to be careful with his words while he stepped towards the younger.

"what?"

"if you had a choice, would you be willing to stay here for some more time?"

"no." the smaller didn't hesitate to answer.

if he wasn't going to get the proper help he needed, he wasn't going to stay in here wasting his and other people's time. it was understandable though. why be somewhere horrible if nothing good will come out of it? it wasn't a give and take situation, it was just useless.

namjoon sighed, motioning for jimin to stand up. he followed the gesture and awaited for the psychiatrist to finally let him know what the results were.

"you're going to be in a confinement room for the next eighteen hours as punishment for trying to kill another patient. is there anything you want beforehand?"

"anything i want?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed and an offended expression painting his features.

"yeah, like any specific food or a beverage-"

"no, i don't want anything but to not be locked up with him for almost an entire day!"

namjoon frowned, stopping himself from making the teenager more angry by throwing out suggestions of what he could get him before he got trapped away.

"jimin, there's cameras in there, if we see anything seriously wrong happening we'll go in there and get you out. this isn't something we have a choice in."

within just a few moments the guards from earlier entered in the lab, being beckoned inside by the man's test partner. they roughly grabbed the boy's uninjured arm and around his shoulders, pushing him out of the the room and back into the hallway. namjoon followed behind, having to be the one to properly show him to the room since he was in charge of him.

they went down some hallways jimin had never gotten to explore before when they first brought him to his original room. they were so plain and empty, it gave him chills. it felt like the type of place ghosts would haunt.

they got to a large locked up door after walking around for awhile. namjoon used the keycard on his lab coat to unlock the door, the red light switching to green.

a few nurses and staff watched them push jimin through the highly restricted area with a look of sympathy. it was hard watching any patient get dragged to the confinement rooms. they always ended up hearing terrified screams in there.

once they turned the final corner they saw the specific area they were looking for. the only thing on the wall was a large closed steel door like the ones in the regular rooms, only you couldn't see into this one. it only had a sliding hatch for peeking in, but even that was closed.

when they opened up the heavily locked door, jimin could feel his blood run cold. there wasn't a single thing inside. it only consisted of padded white walls. there wasn't any source of lighting for it with the closed hatch, so it was completely dark.

"i will be watching from the camera so if you need to use the bathroom you'll need to say so and i'll send someone to accompany you out for that short time period. its limited to five times however, so don't waste your privileges." namjoon told the male that was obviously shaken up from just looking at the room alone.

jimin closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. quickly, he lunged backwards in hope of escaping the guard's holds on him, but it didn't work. his body was too light and his strength wasn't enough to free himself.

"please don't resist sir, we don't want to get violent with you." one of the suited up men asked him calmly, hoping the young blonde wouldn't try it again so they wouldn't have to use brute force.

jimin sighed, letting his shoulders fall in defeat.

"we really need to get going," namjoon instructed the men to push him inside of the room. "is there anything else you want to ask or say before we leave you?"

"i hate you."

"you what?" the psychiatrist asked surprised by the unexpected line that had come from his patient's mouth.

"i said i hate you." jimin whispered, voice harsh, but eyes literally begging him to not leave him alone.

namjoon frowned, not having any other choice in all of this but to listen to his own bosses and lock him in confinement as they had instructed after the choking incident. he tried to help the situation by doing another test, but it only made things worse. nothing was going to be able to fix any of this.

he gave jimin one last sorrowful glance before closing the heavy steel door, watching as his face disappeared into the darkness.