☤twenty seven

the two men could feel their hearts drop. they stood in the main control room, standing over two men sat down at desk chairs typing something into the keyboards to make the very zoomed in paused image clearer. even with all the pixels it was clear a very bad massive cut was on their former patients chest just a couple hours ago.

"here we go." one of the surveillance men spoke just as the image on screen turned crystal clear.

jimin's face was covered, his arms up and putting the white sweater around his head leaving his upper body completely exposed. a very angry and very recent wound was carved into almost the entire expanse of his front side, the undeniable letters engraved onto his skin like the name of a first place winner on a trophy.

hoseok had been completely right. the film indeed showed jimin being walked into the locker room where his stuff was and left alone to change in privacy. just after he put on his pants the familiar patient they were just talking to passed by with a brunette women who immediately covered his eyes and walked right back where they entered from as soon as she spotted the searing unmissable injury. no doubt she didn't want hoseok to see it, even though thank god he did.

"please print this for us." taehyung bowed beggingly to the two control men who happily obliged, handing the gray haired therapist the photo as soon as it exited the printer in the small room. "come on, let's go find namjoon and the director!"

taehyung took off, his fancy shoes echoing loudly in the hallway as he ran, but seokjin was right next to him the whole way.

"we actually have proof we need him here." jin breathed out in surprise, staying on pace with his coworker as they ran down what felt like an endless amount of hallways, having to occationally pull out their keycards to get through.

"i never had a doubt." taehyung breathed out, determined now more than he ever was any other day at his job before.

the two men burst through a specific wing, passing all of the random scanning and graphing rooms until they got to a main lab at the end. they were about to shout to their psychologist friend, but they stopped themselves as soon as they met the scene they walked into. namjoon sat with his hands covering his face, his lab partner looking mentally exhausted and pissed off a little bit away. their facility director stood right next to namjoon, pointing at a sheet of paper that the other was refusing to look at.

"dr. gwan." taehyung interrupted first, causing them all to turn towards the two males that had just entered. he held out the paper in his hands as if beckoning the director to take a look.

he took slow steps with a dragged out sigh. "please tell me this isn't about park jimin too."

seokjin tilted his head at the words, looking over to where namjoon just barely turned towards them, obviously wanting to be apart of the conversation, but something was off. "what do you mean 'too'?"

dr. gwan ignored the question for a moment, turning over the image that taehyung had handed him to examine it. "what is this?" he handed the paper over to namjoon after a final glance, obviously staring at the bloody letters carved on the blonde boy's chest and stomach area.

"this is proof park jimin was dealing with more than he was admitting. nobody was made aware of these injuries and we were informed they stand for jungkook's name, the guy he claimed was assaulting him." the therapist explained calmly, trying to go into a little bit of detail knowing the director was probably trying to understand the park jimin case as well having no prior knowledge.

"great." namjoon huffed out, letting the image fall to the desk he was resting his head on.

"what's wrong?" jin questioned stepping up towards the two men. "you said something else was about jimin too."

without words two papers were handed over to him, taehyung peeking over his shoulder to get a look too. there were both wave charts, the left one dating back a couple days ago looking completely stable and the next one marked with today's date quite the opposite. the wave chart on the second recording was inconsistent and explosive, some barely noticeable waves and others reaching out far further than the scale's limit. seokjin had no idea what results these spreadsheets gave off, but he could tell something was drastically wrong with the one done today.

"are these jimin's results? how are they so different?"

namjoon pushed himself up, snatching the papers away from his coworkers almost aggressively. "because the machine wasn't synching up with our testing. the whole time we thought jimin's results were coming out perfect were just the exam printing out it's baseline results because it couldn't get his. he has manic psychosis."

"i knew it." taehyung whispered, feeling an emotional response start to set in deep down.

"so how did you get the results today?" jin questioned, an uncomfortable feeling coursing through his veins.

"the tech guys managed to find and replace a part that wasn't sending the results to the scanner. after they fixed it, this immediately printed out from earlier when the machine had shut down after jimin's testing." namjoon's partner explained slowly, pushing up his glasses as he spoke.

"so what's going to happen now? if he's manically schizophrenic we need to get him back here immediately!" taehyung's words made the director sigh, taking the chair where namjoon had been previously sitting.

"i already sent an email to a one of my judge acquaintances, requesting permission to take jimin into involuntary custody now that we know things aren't what we thought they were."

even with dr. gwan trying to calm and handle the situation, this wasn't anything to wait around on. they had to act fast. it was one thing when they sent jimin home knowing he was deeply troubled, it was another now that they knew everything he had been telling them; begging them to believe, had been true all along. if he had managed to get those injuries in the hospital without anyone noticing, jimin was in grave danger all alone.

"it shouldn't take too long." the director reassured seeing the three's nervous expressions. "if you think it's best you could go try and watch over him until we get approved to send police medics to bring him back."

as soon as the words left their boss's mouth, taehyung was gone. seokjin and namjoon gave each other a knowing nod before taking off after the other in a full on sprint, the psychologist barely managing to grab his coat off his desk that held his keys.

they knew what they had to do. they needed to bring jimin back for his own safety.