Part 6

Lia

I tried and failed not to tap my foot impatiently as I was not alone in the lift. The old couple looked back at me and muttered. I was not able to catch it but heard words like 'Young People' and 'No Patience'. God! It was taking for ever to reach the floor.

Finally after seemed to be like hours, I entered the floor. There was no difficulty in finding the Suite as it was the only room in the entire floor. I took a deep breath and pressed the calling button before I chicken out. And I did not expect the person when the door opened.

Whoa! If this is the Lucian Alastair, then the film and magazines have not done any justice at all. I saw a fine specimen of almost 6 feet. His hair was black and sticking up in an attractive way and so his dark eyes. God! Girls would die to get such eye lashes. And did I miss out the perfect jaw line and the lips. The black Khaki and white button up shirt hugged him perfectly. He was standing stiff with his hand still on the door knob.

I saw him looking at me with recognition, shock and disgust. Wait! Did I say shock? Did he know me? Had we met anywhere? I was confused on the thoughts and realized that his face became blank wiped of all emotions again. I blushed when I realized that I am still staring him and cleared my throat. When I was about to open my mouth, he signalled me to enter the room. But, he should not have expected me right? Then why was he asking me to come in without questions? Not to loose the opportunity, I stepped inside.

I was in the living room which would be perfect for any business meeting. I saw an open space towards the end of the room which showed the entire view of the city. I saw a dining place and a bedroom on the other side. I snapped out from admiring the interior when I heard a click and turned to see Mr. Alastair closing the door. But why is he locking and stowing the key in. Was he not going to wait for whoever is about to come? Or did he booked the room for any other purposes and mistook me? I took a step back consciously at these thoughts.

**************************

Luc

I heard the sound of calling button immediately after James disconnected the call. Should I open the door and should I wait for James?Ha! Am I afraid of a mere gold digger? I decided to deal with her not waiting for James which I may regret later. And I did not expect the person when the door opened.

I was shocked to see the female standing in front of me. Wasn't she the same one in restaurant who kindly helped a waiter? Wasn't she the one with a lovely smile? But was it all mere act? She was in the same place when I had both the calls? So, that's how she was able to tell about my actions. She was also like all females, but with an angelic face. And I thought, no hoped she might be...

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw her looking at me open mouthed. I saw her blush getting caught. She blushes easily for someone for a gold digger. I realized my mistake and wiped all the emotions from my face. I heard her clearing her throat and that mere action created some reactions in me. Why was I so stupid to fall for that? When I saw her trying to initiate a conversation, I signalled her to enter the room.

I mentally counted ten to one to control my temper. I should be stupid to feel angry for some female. What was happening to you Lucian? Once I calmed myself I turned to check on her. She was checking on the interior and saw her eyes trailing from the open terrace to the bedroom. My eyes narrowed by the way she checked on the rooms. Two can play the same game my dear...

I decided and locked the door stowing the key away. And the sound made her turn. I saw her face changing from puzzlement to shock. Why was she acting still? I saw on a couch and signalled her to do the same. I saw her hesitating a second but followed me. I tensed seeing her taking out some papers. Were those the evidences she was talking about? But let's see what she was going to say.