Part 9

Lia

I entered a huge lobby. Despite my nervousness I could not help but admire the infrastructure. I did not remember how long I stood admiring the area when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"May I help you ma'am? You have not responded when I called you" The security person asked politely.

Get a grip Lia. Don't make the situation even worse.

"Pardon me. I have an appointment scheduled with Mr. Lucian Alastair"

"Your name please"

"Adelia Wentworth"

After what seemed like eternity of shuffling of papers "Yes madam. Can I get your ID card?"

What, how many level of checking I need to go through. After a series of questions, a photograph and some checking, I finally got a go.

"Please take first left and press the top floor in the middle elevator. Thank you."

I smiled my thanks and moved towards the left.

**********************

Security POV

I dialled to Mr. Witherlow's number.

"James." I heard the same snapping voice.

"Good morning sir. This is security personal Hunter here. Miss Wentworth has arrived and I have done as you have instructed. She is reaching the elevators now"

"Thanks Hunter. Make sure no one reaches the executive floor for the next 2 hours."

"Yes sir."

Why the hell did Mr. Witherlow's asked me to do these unnecessary checking. Something is fishy.

******************************
James POV

"Miss Wentworth is on the way." I informed Luc once I switched on my phone.

"And the security?"

"Did the same as instructed."

"Good." James nod curtly.

"Can I know why?"

"The elongated protocols and questions at the security will either confuse her or irritate her. This will make her emotionally unstable. It makes us easy to convince her"

"I hope you are correct Luc."

Then we waited for the knock at the door.

**************************

Lia POV

How come there are so many floors in this building. Are they having all their employees in this place?

And what with those security process. It was worse than entering the President's office. I felt the short research I did on Lucian Alastair is not enough. I could see the door written 'Lucian Alastair, CEO & Vice-President'. Suddenly the path looked so long for me. I reached the door after what looked like eternity. I was scared to touch the door knob as if the metal was blazing hot.

Come on Lia. You can do it. Just explain your situation, get your possessions and leave. Just as simple as that. I raised my hand to knock the door before losing my new found courage.

I got startled on the voice that asked me to enter. I counted from 10 to 1, to control my panic attack. All my new found bravery got evaporated once I saw the dark eyes. It captured and arrested me again. I came out of my trance when I heard someone cleared their throat. My cheeks blushed red when they both caught me staring. Who is the other one? But why should I bother? Let me concentrate of the crux of the problem.