Part 10

Lia

I entered the lift and let out the breath I was holding unknowingly. I knew it was a big mistake to let out such a statement. But who did he think himself of? That arrogant, self-centered, egoistic, handsome, eye catching... What? Get a grip Lia. Don't say that you fell for him. You were not one of his lapdogs.

I recalled the phone conversation with my mom today.
.

.
.
"Where are you Adelia? Why are you not picking up my calls?"

Crap! I forgot my mom could call me.

"Mom I forgot my phone in my friend's place." Please don't question about the friend! Please don't question about the friend!

"Hmmm. Is your friend's house is inside Mandarin?"

"Mom..."

"Young lady. Care to explain the photograph?"

"What photo mom?" I tried to talk in the innocent voice.

"Adelia Grace Wentworth, You cannot trick me. I am your mom."

Oh no. "Mom nothing happened yesterday. Please don't worry about that."

"Your position in the photograph says otherwise."

Why can't her believe me above that photograph. I need a change of plan.

"Mom nothing to worry. Besides my face is not shown in that." I gasped on what I revealed to my mom.

"What? Are you only considering of what others will think? What about you and your family? I thought I had brought up my kids in a good way. Now I realised that I am wrong"

I felt a pang of guilt when my mom's voice wavered in the end.

"You are best mom in the world. Please don't think otherwise."

"Then please tell me what is happening?"

I need to pacify mom for now. I will think of the consequences later.

"Mom, he is my boyfriend. We met while discussing the contract between his and our company. And slowly developed into friendship and then even more." Which was not a complete lie. In fact I went to discuss regarding the contract on that day.

"That does not explain the picture."

"We met casually. He does not want media to enter between us. So we used to meet in private locations and that was one such occasion. But err.. things got heated up a bit."

"But..."

"Mom please, I know you are upset. But I will explain you when I come home."

"Fine, I will leave this now. But remember that this conversation is not over."

.
.
.

I should first check the agreement if there are any hidden loop holes. I cannot go to Uncle Leo and then it will reach my parents' ears. Let me go to Max first and then figure out the next step.

.
.
.
.
.
"The agreement is water tight. He has clearly stipulated on the confidentiality of the marriage. I don't see any hidden agendas. Its straight and transparent. Basically, the marriage news should not be leaked out, no infidelity, you should not misuse your position as his wife and you cannot oppose in case he is asking for divorce. But the divorce settlement is enormous though." The lawyer who Max took us to explained us.

"What about our relationship in our marriage? Any demands?" I asked hoping the lawyer would catch my question. Geez, why was I so embarrassed.

He in turn chuckled "No details mentioned. I think you should discuss it with Mr. Alastair"