6

Katie sang softly inside the medbay center with the two possible Kryptonians, she was not even sure that they were Kryptonians or not. She knew that the needle broke when they tried to get a blood sample, but the kryptonite did not seem to be affecting them like it affected Kara and Leah. She turned her head when she saw Alex and Kara walking past the room, Kara gave her a small glance, a worried expression crossed her features, almost as if Alex had told her what had transpired a few hours ago.

She tore her eyes away from Kara and back on one of the males, she could have sworn she recognized one of them, but she did not know where. Her instinct was to assume that it was one of Leah's memories that was making her think she knew one of them since they all assumed they were Kryptonians. She sang the song Imagine softly under her breath as she noticed the lights flickering from on and off in the room. Her head moved up, the lyrics slowly leaving her lips until it all halted in total.

"Again?" She twisted her body to look at the males in their beds, "This is getting really irritating." She groaned loudly as she felt the power draining from her body, "Ugh, what in all hell! ALEX!"

"Katie!" Kara ran in, kneeling next to her, "What's going on?" She helped her stand back up, putting her in the chair beside her.

Clark came in to check if she was okay as well, he looked up at the males, noticing what was happening, "You're exposing him to kryptonite? He's a survivor, not a prisoner."

"It's a precaution." J'onn snarls back at Clark but holding the authority in his voice, "We don't know anything about him."

The lights flickered back on, making the pain in Katie's chest lift up, "Ugh." She gripped her shirt tightly, "Power is back-" She moved to her computer, "-100%" She groaned loudly, shivering at the pain she had just felt, "Oh my God, what the hell was that?"

Alex moved to their monitors, "Their vitals have jumped again. It's at the same rate as the power drain."

Katie scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to shake the pain she had just felt, "He's repairing himself at a cellular level?"

"It's like photosynthesis. Their cells are absorbing the electrical energy and converting them to chemical energy."

Katie ran a hand down her face, "That explains why I suddenly began to feel weak." She allowed her eyes to land on one of the male's faces, "They were draining my powers."

"You should test his levels again. Now that he's-"

J'onn immediately interrupted him, "We've got this, Superman."

Clark opened his mouth and quickly shut it, a tight smile forming on his face, "Sure you do. I should go."

Kara's face dropped when her cousin walked out of the room, "I know you two aren't the best of friends. But you promised you'd be nice to him while he's here."

Katie chimed in, "Actually, he said he would try."

"How... How is it hard to be nice to Superman? He's Superman."

J'onn released a long sigh before he looked down at Kara, "If it means so much to you, we will get along."

"Thank you."

"Miss Schott." Katie looked over at J'onn, "You should not come around this area again, we do not want to have another jump where you are entirely drained."

"Yes, sir."

Kara waited until J'onn was fully out, a smile appearing on her face, "We still on for sister night? Veep and Chinese?"

Alex was shocked by her mood change, but smiled nonetheless, "Yes, of course."

"Do you know it's Clark's favorite show, too?"