7

"Agent Schott!"

Katie's head shot up from Winn's desk, she had fallen asleep especially since she did not want to go home at the moment, "Yes, sir?

"Bridge, now."

Katie moved from the chair as she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion but her eyes fell on the satellite footage J'onn was using to see what was going on. Kara and Clark were being thrown around by Corben. She quickly ran from her spot, flying out of the DEO. Fire bubbled in her hands as she slammed all of her power into Corben, causing the man to go flying.

"Kara."

Katie turned her head at the sound of Clark's voice, he knelt down and picked Kara's body from the ground, "What was that?"

"Kryptonite."

Katie landed in the DEO behind Clark and Kara, she kept her mouth shut, she was worried about Kara but she was afraid to let her know that she was worried because of their previous fight.

"Kara."

"I'm fine." Kara waved her hand towards her sister, "I'm fine. I'm just a little dizzy."

Katie crossed her arms over her chest, "A Kryptonite man who calls himself Metallo."

Clark gives J'onn an angered stare, "You told me that only the DEO had access to kryptonite. So how would you like to explain what just happened out there? A kryptonite-charged cyborg almost killed Kara. Almost killed me. Start talking, J'onn." The room grew silent, Katie had no clue what was going on as well. She may have worked at the DEO but she was as clueless as Kara was when it came to most things that went on around here.

"A shipment went missing four months ago. We've done all we can to find it."

"Wait." Katie squinted her eyes at him, "Four months? A shipment has been missing for four months?"

"Went missing," Clark repeated incredulously.

"Stolen." Alex admits, taking a step in as the tension is built, "We thought it was an inside job but everyone in the transport came up clean."

"So you have a mole."

"We don't know that."

Clark frowned, "If you'd gotten rid of it when I told you to-"

"We would have been helpless when Non and Astra launched Myriad. Or have you forgotten that there was a force even the Man of Steel couldn't defeat?"

Katie spoke under her breath, "I could just imagine Winn in this situation."

"We have given our lives protecting the people of Earth." Clark got in J'onn's face, "If you cared about Kara at all-"

"Watch what you say."

"Or what?"

"People of National City. The Earth has been stolen from us. And the enemy has come in the guise of heroes. They say they come in peace, to protect us from ourselves. But how long will it be before these gods decide to rule instead of serve? We are the antidote to their poison. We are the scientists who will show them what humans are capable of. Those who have sided with the invaders will not be spared. You cannot stop us. We are everywhere. We are Cadmus."

"Cadmus." Katie heaved out, her breath heavy as she remembered how disastrous they are, "Announcing themselves to the world."

"Declaring open war."

"They want to kill us. All of us. Cadmus has my father. If they turned John Corben into Metallo, what do you think they've done with him?"

"We'll find him." Kara placed a hand on Alex's shoulder, a kind expression on her face, "And stop them."