Chapter 7

HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!!!!!!
A LOT OF STUFF HAPPENS SO BE READY!

Rhys POV
...

Wade pulled to a quick stop in front of my house. He looks down at his phone as I come into the car. After mumbling a good morning he starts up the car and heads away from school.

"Where we going?" I ask trying to break the awkward tension.

"To get Stacey." Is his answer. He doesn't even look at me. Is he really that mad? I guess I was mean yesterday, he was just trying to look out for me and like James said; he probably attacked him for a reason.

"Your girlfriend?" I ask, Trying to sound casual. I'm a little jealous that he hangs out with her, knowing that I dated him and all.

"No."

"Oh." Was my genius response. "Are you in to her?" I ask. He glances over at me with a glare. A hard, cold glare.

"No. If you haven't noticed I'm still in love with you." He faces back toward the road as I cower in my seat like a child in trouble.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to be mean to you and all. I was just having a bad day."

"Mhm." He hummed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demand. Instead of answering me he turns on the radio. I roll my eyes at him and look out the window.

We pull to a stop in front of Stacey's mansion. She was waiting with in a pair of skinny jeans and a baby blue sweater with a smile on her face. She's probably trying to take Wade away from me. I don't like her. At all.

She's too pretty. She has long blonde hair and I pink tinted nose with porcelain skin. I bet Wade likes her back. I don't look at her as she gets in the car.

"Good morning!" She chirps in her sweet voice.

"Morning, Stace." Wade says back with a smile on his face. "Ready?"

"Yup." She says popping the 'p'. Gosh, she makes me want to jump out of the car and get run over. "I like your hair, it looks pretty." Stacey says.

"Rhys, Stacey is talking to you." Wade pipes up.

"Oh, thanks. You have nice hair too." I grit out. She smiles brightly and sits back in her seat. Wade shakes his head at me and lets out a sigh before turning up he radio.

When we get to school Wade turns around and says something quietly to Stacey. She nods her head and gets out. Just as I'm about to he asks me to stay for a minuet.

"Rhys, I don't know what your problem with Stacey is, but you don't need to be mean to her." He says softly.

"What? I'm not even being mean to her!" I exclaim. He gives me a look that says 'yeah sure'.

"Why don't you like her?" He asks sitting back in his seat and looking at me with his dark blue eyes.

"I never said I didn't." I say crossing my arms. He grips the steering wheel and shakes his head.

"Talk to me when you want to be honest with me." He says and then reaches for the door. As he opens it I grab his hand and pull him back in.

"Okay. Okay." I sigh. He sits back in his seat with a ghost of a smile before looking at me.

"Why don't you like her?" He asks again.

"You're going to make fun of me. Or laugh." I point out, stalling. He rolls his eyes.