Chapter 10

WADE POV

...

We finally got all of my things into my bedroom at my new apartment after two hours. Rhys runs through the hallway and flops on my bed with a loud sigh.

"I'm tired now!" She groans rolling around on the bed.

"Yeah? I'm hungry!" I jump on the bed and tickle her. She lets out a loud laugh and tries to push me away. She giggles when I blow in her ears and rub her sides with my fingers.

"W-Wade!" She tries to shout. I laugh loudly as I tickle her more. She puts her hands on my neck and pulls me down to her. I stop for a second and she flips us over. "Are you ticklish?" She asks. I shake my head, I am though.

She puts her hands on my shoulders as she leans forward on me. She looks at my smiling face for a long moment before putting her hands on my sides and rubbing. It doesn't make me laugh.

"I'm not ticklish!" I say. Well, not there anyway. She trails her hands to my armpits. "Ew. No. Not there." I inform her. She goes up higher to my neck and tickles and I burst out laughing. "Stop that!" I laugh.

She seems to be enjoying herself as she does so. After I get all laughed out she stops and puts her head on my collarbone and lets out a deep breath.

"I'm going to go get some water." She says smacking my thigh and then gets up. She winks at me and then goes out of the room. I watch as she goes with a smile. I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her. That's all I can think. Maybe she'll let me. I can only try...

When Rhys comes back into the room she has a water bottle and smiles at me. I beckon her toward me with a grin. She raises a brow as she sits down next to me.

"You're so beautiful, and nice." I whisper as I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. I get close and press my lips against hers not being able to hold back any longer. She puts her hands on my chest and pushes me away. I go back for more but she pushes me back again.

"Wade! What are you doing?" She says scooting away from me. I let out a groan and throw myself face first into my pillow. She crawls on the bed toward me and puts her hand on my back. "Wade? Are you okay?" She asks. I turn my head to see her.

"No." I say. "No, I'm not." I put my head back into the pillow. She turns my body so I can look at her and she gives me a soft smile.

"Tell me what I can do to help." Rhys shows me her white teeth.

"Kiss me." I pout. She leans forward and presses a kiss on my lips. But I'm hungry for more. But at least I got a kiss.

"How about I give you one kiss a day?" She offers.

"How about you date me and see how it turns out?" I beg. She laughs and shakes her head.

"No." Then she gets up and takes another drink of her water. I can't help but feel rejected. I don't like that feeling. "We should put your room together." She says looking around, observing my white empty walls. A few boxes containing my things and a half made bed.

Then I hear the door open and close from the living room. I say thank you to God Because I want to take Rhys home so she doesn't see my rejected feelings.

"Well! You should go. I'll drive you home." I stand up and usher her out of my room. I hurry her out the door and into my car not saying anything to my roommate, Garret.

I start up the car and go to her house. "Wade? Are you mad at me?" She asks. Of course I am! She didn't even give me a chance! I let out a breath and give her a forced smile and pull to a quick stop in front of her house.