Chapter 13

Wade POV

I sat in the nurses office with Jess right next to me. She was drinking water, her free hand resting on her forehead.

"Are you okay?" I ask for about the hundredth time.

"Yes, Wade." She snaps.

"Sorry, sorry." I apologize once again.

"What happened for you to be so happy? I sure hope you're not laughing at my pain." She raises a perfect brow at me.

"No..." I trial off thinking about Rhys.

"Tell meeee!!!" She whines. Almost forgot she was a freshmen.

"You know Rhys—"

"How could I not."

"—She planned something for us tonight. I don't know what, but the mere thought of her just wanting to be around me feels good." I explain.

"That is a good thing." Jess says. She leans forward and look at me. "Make her love you again Wade. Remember what is said, if it's true love it'll find you guys again."

"Remind me why someone wouldn't want to be your friend?" I ask jokingly, but she answers seriously.

"People sometimes just can't handle someone who is as blunt as I am." She says seriously. I smile at her.

"I like how you are." She rolls her eyes. "I don't know what I'd do without you." I lean back in my chair.

"You'd probably go on with your normal life." She points out. I roll my eyes in response.

"Not after meeting you." I grin at her. "I really like you, you know?" Her eyes widen and I shake my head. "Not like that. But as a friend. You're someone I can rely on, I think. We don't really know each other, but just know," I pause and lean forward. "You're my best friend."

"Heh, I'll take it." She waves me off sarcastically. I let out a loud laugh and she laughs with me. This is the first time I've heard her laugh. I smile softly and watch as her what's crinkle in happiness.

"We should hangout. I'm lit, ya know." I whip my hair to the side and wink at her. "And hot."

"Keep dreaming, hun." She chortles.

"I'll take you home, c'mon." I help her up and then start carrying her. She lets out a squeal down the quiet hallway because I'm acting like I'm dropping her. I let out a loud laugh.

"Hey!" A teacher yells. I burst out laughing as I run down the hallway and out into the parking lot. I run all the way to my car and lean on it while I laugh.

"That was hilarious! Did you see his face?!" She cackles like a witch which makes me fall on the ground and wheeze as I hold my chest.

"Jess!" I start snorting and she lets out an ear piercing laugh. She falls next to me holding her stomach too.

"Ahem!" The teacher says dramatically only making us laugh louder. "You have three seconds to leave the school premises or I will call the principal."

...

I put on a button up and nice pants and and the boots that Rhys seems to like. I run my hand through my hair as I skip down my porch steps and head over to Rhys's house. Jess and I are going to hangout tomorrow and honestly? I am so ready. I really like her.

I knock on the door and wait. Rhys opens the door and hops out with a smile. "Hey!" She throws her arms around my neck as she hops on me. I wrap my arms her waist with a happy smile.

"Hey," I reply back.

"You look sexy!" She stands back to get a good luck at me. What is she doing? The other day she didn't want me. "Anyway! I have some good news!" She squeals. She jumps up and down, her breast bouncing with her. I look away and try not to act like a douche bag.

"You look really pretty, Rhys." I smile softly. I don't want to pressure her too much. My life is going good at the moment and I'm gonna try to do everything in my power to keep it that way.

"Thanks!" She laughs and leads me to her parents car. "You have to drive." She blushes. I smile softly and take the keys willingly. "How's Jess?" Rhys asks after she tells me where we are going.

"She's good. We are hanging out tomorrow." I inform her. Rhys nods her head, she doesn't seem mad that I'm hanging out Jess. She flashes me a smile and turns up the song. Fuck With You by Kodak is on. I really like this song, too.

We pull up to the cute little restaurant that Rhys told me to go to. I open the door for her and lead her to a table waiting for a waiter. They shortly come by and take our orders.

"Hey, you remember the first time we kissed? And you promised me that we'd make a snowman?" She asks out of the blue. I nod my head. I do remember that day. That's one of my favorite memories, I wish Rhys could remember...wait—

"Rhys! You remember?" I reach across the table and hold her hands in mine. "Do you remember everything?!" I squeal like a little girl.

She frowns slightly, "I don't remember anything, but our first kiss." She says.

"That's better than nothing!" I must have kissed her cheek a million times in one minute after she told me that. "Rhys, baby, this is great!" I pull her into my arms into a tight hug.

"I'm glad you're happy." She smiles at me.

"Aren't you?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Of course."

"Does this mean you still want me to find someone else?" I ask. She glares at me. A jealous glare. Does that mean she can feel a little bit of what we had.

"No! You're mine." She puts much emphasis on "mine" and I loved it.

"Good." I grin. She flashes me her dazzling smile and squeezes my hand. "So, do you love me?" I ask, hope in my eyes. Her lips pull down at the end and turn into a frown.

"Wade..." She whispers. Her hands lays over my hand and gives it a squeeze. I nod my head in understanding. I want to be a big baby and cry, but I suck it up and smile at her. I'm not going to ruin this night.

"I can't remember if I told you already, but you look gorgeous." I smirk when she blushes. The waitress walks up in a yellow outfit with a white apron. The skirt was incredibly short, if she leaned back any I would be able to see her underwear...if she had any on.

"Hi, I'm Jaylee. I'll be your waitress tonight." She pulls up her skirt higher, way higher than necessary. I can see the pink underwear contrasting against her fake tan skin. I glance up at her face and my eyebrows furrow. Her lips were big. There's nothing wrong with big lips, but these lips were unnaturally large.

"Can I take your order?" Jamie looks at me and completely ignores Rhys. I stare at her with a confused expression. Does she draw on her eyebrows? Like is there any hair there?

"Rhys, what do you want to eat?" I avert my eyes to the beauty sitting across from me.

"Whatever you want." She smiles at me.

"Two steaks, two waters, and a bread and butter on tray." I say as Jade writes down our orders. "Thank you, Jenna." I smile politely. I hear a snort from Rhys and a huff from Jasmine.

***
It's short, but a chapter is a chapter. Anyway tell me what you think.

Don't forget to check out my other books!!!