Chapter 8 (Max/Ashla)

(18 and a-half year old Max/Alec, and 14 year old Ashla)

"So..... let me get this straight. You have been on a secret mission that not even Hera knew all the details about with this guy for the past year and a-half? And he knew all the details?" Ezra asks in disbelief.

"Yes Ezra! For the tenth time! Alec has been helping me collect information on the Empire's new alli. And he has been very helpful, if I may add." Ash snippily reply's

"This is all the information you will need on the kingdom of Auradon and their partnership with the Empire." Alec says handing  Hera a holo-disc that Ash had previously made, and trying to breaking the tension.

"Thank you Alec. We most definitely are in great need of this information." Hera thanked Alec as she took the disc.

She then turned towards the rest of the group and let us all go do about our daily business.

Everyone goes their separate ways, and Ezra try's to be stealthy in following Alec and I outside.

"You do know that that Ezra kid is following us right?" Alec says in a whisper.

"Yes I know. He doesn't trust newcomers to easily. Don't worry he will warm up to you!" Ash reply's, earning a smile from my brother in descize.

We continue to walk until we come to a hill that overlooks the city of Tarkin Town, with Ezra still right behind us.

"I never knew Lothal could be this beautiful." Alec whispers.

Ashla looks at him in surprise, but smiles, happy that her time with him wasn't cut short like it should have been. Before she could say anything back to him, they heard high pitched screams come from the city. Both Alec and Ash's heads snap in the direction of the city and they take off running down the hill, completely forgetting that Ezra was hiding nearby.

By the time they made it to the city, the fire had spread from the middle of the city to the outskirts of town, and smoke was everywhere.

"Alec! We have to help these people!" Ash yells at her brother.

"I will get the people to safety, and you find a way to put out the fire!" Alec yells back.

Nodding back at him, they run into the city and the fire. The smoke making it hard to see, Ash easily gets separated from her brother, but somehow manages to make it to the center of the city. Choking on smoke, and at the brink of unconsciousness, Ash uses her powers to put out the fire. Just as the fire is put out Ashla falls to her knees, but looks up to see an astonished Ezra, then let the darkness take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra POV

I sit in my seat, annoyed about how much everyone is already so accepting to this Alec guy. Last time I trusted someone so quickly, he betrayed us. So I'm not letting that happen again.

I stealthily follow Ash and Alec out of the 'Ghost' after Hera dismisses us. They were talking in hushed whispers until they came to a cliff that overlooked Tarkin Town.

"I never knew Lothal could be this beautiful." I barley hear Alec whisper, which made me confused, hadn't he lived here for a few years?

I see Ash look at him surprised, but then smile. She seemed to have tried to say something to him but was cut off by loud screams coming from the city? I look over carefully and see the city on fire! I look back at Ash and Alec and see them running straight towards the city. Not wanting to loose them or them to get hurt, I follow.